Xs250 project

Dazlin
This post is 3574 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all new member here,I just brought a 1980 sx250 about a month ago ,been sat in some shed for 5 years ,but it started ok when I viewed it .so took it home stripped it back everything off ,rust treated it painted it cleaned the lot and now it's nearly ready to ride ,just waiting on some new bit to arrive in the post.any how but haven't touched the inside of the motor except to change the oil and tidy up some frayed wires,well up to a week ago it had compression in the kick start ,but then a couple of days later it seems to have lost compression, I haven't done a compression test on it yet but a friend said it might a stuck valve ,any other thoughts or even suggestion on how to get the valve moving without taking engine to bit cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You have to remove the rocker/cam cover to get at a stuck valve whatever happens. As to a stuck valve I would be more interested to know why it stuck in the first place? But leaving all that aside this is the NEW MEMBERS welcome area and not the " how do I fix my bike" section, so if you would be so kind, redo your problem in the WORKSHOP section as you will get more replies if you put problems there. Welcome to the YOC and hope your not a one hit wonder, we get a lot of those, want help and once it's fixed never heard from again till it goes wrong. Good luck sorting your trouble and someone on here will help out if you use the right area for your problem. Ride safe. :jossun:

:welcome: to the YOC

As slice says, post workshop problems in the workshop/classic bike section please!

Hi daz,,, :jossun: , the good old XS250 . they were a peach , ask jimmy,,, :eusa_shifty:

Welcome to the forum mate

Burn It.......

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online