loud pipes or not

meatloaf
This post is 3467 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

The Beast has fairly substantial silencers so it doesn't announce itself with a shout but with a low V-Twin growl. I prefer it that way.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If the bikes got the power to match the sound then I don't mind loud exhausts but all noise no poke seems silly to me. I made this mistake with my first car ( 1.1L ). I stuck a 4" pipe on the back thinking ooooh :yeah: check me out but I soon came to regret it.

I've got some SP engineering cans on my triumph triple. I think they sound just right, but some (the tech at triumph included) say they're too loud.

My reply is that they're for my benefit, no one elses. If you don't like I'm never around long for you to listen to them anyway haha

• Like 1

ttask quoted

Coming home at 3am, when everyone else is trying to sleep and there is nothing around but the utter hush of the countryside, suddenly shattering all that with the BLARING ROAR of your pipes makes you realise that loud pipes are quite possibly not a good thing.

this i do regularly and i've got a cop as a neighbour

he has said to me about the pipes and my answer is always the MOT guy passed them

his reply is nothing they can do then

so as for cops pulling you over for "offensive" pipes first thing to ask them is "offensive"to who??

coz if you have them on and passed an MOT with them (regardless if they have an advisory] then there is NO legal action the police can take

ttask quoted

this i do regularly and i've got a cop as a neighbour

he has said to me about the pipes and my answer is always the MOT guy passed them

his reply is nothing they can do then

so as for cops pulling you over for "offensive" pipes first thing to ask them is "offensive"to who??

coz if you have them on and passed an MOT with them (regardless if they have an advisory] then there is NO legal action the police can take

The MOT is technically valid only at the moment when it was tested.

You can be illegal five minutes after leaving the test centre.

But OK, fine, your pipes are legal... Now let's go over your whole bike with a fine toothcomb, shall we?

Plus there will be a hundred other things they *can* cite you for, if the mood takes them...

But my point being, while your neighbours may not have any legal recourse over your pipes, they know where you live and have a thousand different ways of getting revenge...!!!

• 2 months later...

LOUD is defo better, as long as it's not a moped with a shagged exhaust being used to deliver pizza.

My YPVS 350 has Lomas F2 pipes on- menacing crackle in town, makes the milk go sour when it's up in the power band.

My XT500 has a supertrapp on- again, can just about keep it quiet round town, but when it's opened up the sledgehammer blow of combustion every lamppost is a joy to hear.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online