Home brewers got to try.

dt502001
This post is 3596 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just finnished my first batch of lighting turbo yeast,added some bannans (4) and WOW is it good got a SG of .90 or slightly less( actualy i dont know cause my hydrometer stops at .90 and it sank lower by a good cm) it's got a punch . so some where in the 35% ABV range

23 liters for about 20 bucks in 9 days 9 kg of suggar and add the lighting turbo yeast,it the simplest shine I have ever made

Started a second batch with pears,and 1 with nothing but suggar to see how clean it come out and might try running it through a still to make fuel JR Johnson style

No riding after a glass of this shit LOL

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I used to homebrew hard cider in my mums potting shed, using 3x 2 litre coke bottles linked in series to a syphon vent, one of the tubes got blocked and the bottle split, spraying sticky mess all over the place (stop sniggering...)

oh that brings back memory's, my Dad and I used to make a lot of home brew back in the 80's, it worked out about 8p a gallon back in the good old days :beerchug:

I want to make shine, no-where remote enough to do it though.

send a few johns over

Oh I make lots of beer lots of beer too,, alwasy 12 gallons on the go every 2 weeks cost about 4 bucks a gallon IMO its better than the store bought cause it dosent have any presertives. I can drink alot more without the hangoverActualy it probably cost me next to nothing for everyone who puts money in the tip/honor jar .

Drew you should try the lighting turbo yeast then a 6 gallon demi glass 9kg of corn sugar ( dextrose) and a air lock is all you need, if you wanted to do small batches of white lighting then a small electrical burner still is all you need, you could make a mash out of corn and molasssas to 80-90% lots of info on utube about how to make 1 from a stainless steel bowl and pot.And run it in the garage with the doors open don't want to blow the house upLOL.

But do the researsh about head,heart and tails,the first 100ml or so is poision,and tails taste crapy.Lighting is a aquired taste though, Iwould send you some but something tells me that the customs would be a problem

Fomas everyone who has ever done some home brewing has a story about the time something blew up,One of my first batche of beer I thought I would add just a bit more priming sugar to speed up the carbonation process,woke up to BANG,BANG<BANG the bottles were blowing the caps off.But it sounded more like someone was firing a .22 off,only good part was that I only did a 24 not the whole batch,but I must have looked funny running around in my undies with my shot gun,I know I got a laugh.

Got 5 gallons of Sweet Newcastle Brown and 5 gallons of Bitter to bottle this week.

A quick strong brew I do in a 1 gallon demi john is:

3 litres apple juice, 2 kgs sugar 1 teaspoon wine yeast top up with warm water and leave it for about 10-14 days until it stops bubbling bottle it up and its ready to drink in another week, I call it Turbo Cider.

Just started home brewing. First try was a tin one (sorry to the real brewers).
Basic cider but added honey and some strawberries from the garden. Ended up 23 litres of 7.35%. Having the lads round on Friday for a session with it.
Got a lager tin to try next. Gotta get the real kit and not just a plastic bucket.

Steph no shame in doing it from a kit, I tried doing it from scratch with hops and wasn't happy with the results so gave up after about 4 months and just buy the caned wert,there are so many that you can try that sooner or later you will find one you realy like. And works for me in the K.I.S.S. fashion I like I have about 5 different kinds of brew around most of the time

One tip is to transfer your brew 3-4 times before bottleing, let each batch settel for a day before transfering again and leave as much of the settelments behind by cutting your hose on a angle so it dosent collect directly from the bottom sure you loose a few pints but it's worth it to have a clear beer. I start all mine in plastic buckets and then after 5 days transfer to a carboy let stand for 7( or till it stops bubbeling) then start the transfering.

Thats something I wish I had known when I first started and had some brews that had junk floating in ,I followed the instructions but they failed to add that information. I figured it out after a few months kinda of by accident was going to bottle one day but got too busy and had to leave it for a day and noticed that it settelted again.

Good luck and happy brewing :beerchug::buzz::drunk: ..Oh just in case your not familiar with the kiss (Keep it simple stupid) as smart as I think I am I know it's the best way to do anything, no point in reinventing the wheel EH?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online