Clunking gears and cutting out

lauragilmour
This post is 3611 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Haven't posted on here for a while due to college and exams etc however a few months ago I was involved in a bit of a crash and now the bike clunks into first gear (once it's warm it doesn't clunk) however at junctions I constantly have to rev it or it will kinda chug then cut out, also when stationary or moving slowly to a halt it's hard to get it into first/ neutral/ second gear, I know there's already been a post similar to this however I think it might be due to the crash, im not entirely sure, any ideas?

And it's a little sr125

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

+1 and check your clutch free play,the cable will strech over time could just neeed to be adjusted up.wich side did you crash on ,in what gear ?

Hope you're okay after the crash, welcome back.

If your clutch is dragging another common symptom is selecting neutral becomes harder (you usually end up flipping between first and second), check the clutch travel, the cables stretch and parts wear so it happens.

Hope you're ok Laura.

I'm alright had gravel rash right across my knee and down my shin, it's probably scarred me for life but the same day I was back and riding again, just can't keep me away and I'm gonna have a look on Thursday when it's my day off, cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online