XJ600S carbs

Chr1s
This post is 3697 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello again,

Can some one help, when starting the bike ticks over quite nicely at about 7-8000 but as soon as she warms up its ticking over at 15-17000, i know the bike is 15 yrs old and the carbs may be a little "used" but is there anything i can do to help cure this?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nothing to do with them being old really Chris it's just a matter of adjustment, either do it yourself or take it down to your local bike shop and they will do it for about £30.

• Like 1

sounds like an air leak to me,inlets could be cracked or carbs need ultra sonically cleaned

Shurly were over the top with numbers here,,,,,7000 rpm idle... and 17000 when warm.... thats Moto GP numbers,,, :spin2:

Shurly were over the top with numbers here,,,,,7000 rpm idle... and 17000 when warm.... thats Moto GP numbers,,, :spin2:

could be for a cbr250rr :eusa_whistle:

Chris, I've got an XJ600S Diversion (2000) and it ticks over at 1200 rpm on idle. In fifth gear when "going for it" I can get up to 6000 - 7000 rpm but when in top (sixth gear) it cruises at 4500 rpm at 60 mph.

Hope this helps.

Just checked, my rev counter only goes up to 11,000

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online