Draggin Jeans

ANDYROSE
This post is 5846 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Does anyone here know anything about 'Draggin Jeans'?

I keep seeing them advertised and they appeal as a kind of compromise between leather jeans and plain denim for the 'nip down to the shop' sort of trip which is where so many people seem to come unstuck. At least with the Kevlar incorporated into the fabric they must offer a higher degree of protection than anything else, not withstanding full on gear, but at about £90 a pair I would like to hear some opinions about them before I shell out.

Any info appreciated.

Andy

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I read an Abrasion test article not too long ago & they were regarded highly B) ......worth the money as I recall ;)

I've also been toying with the idea of getting a pair myself :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I've had 3 pairs so far. The first were a pair of chinos and were really comfortable. However, I made the mistake of tumble drying them. Take it from me; that is not a good idea, as they shrunk drastically.

I went to Daytona last year for the Bike week and found a stall selling them for $60/£30 each. Naturally, I bought two pairs, this time denims. Needless to say, although they get washed as normal, they're left to dry on the line....

In the UK, they're very expensive - about £80-90 for the jeans. However, they're really comfortable to wear, albeit hot in summer. The Kevlar lining is knitted, so it feels as though you have nappies on. Fantastic in winter, mind; I've worn them without thermals on in all but the coldest of days without any problem. Walking around, they look like any other pair of jeans, with just a few more stitch lines on them.

All in all, expensive but highly recommended.

I appeared to have walked directly into that one :blush:.

To answer your point - I'm blonde, so have no memory capability. However, there's definitely nothing to share on that score ;)

I'll now quit. While I'm behind.

The only problem i found with the draggin jeans for women is that the sizing is all out.

Us ladies have to try them on to get the right size - pretty much like we do with bloody leathers - the last pair i bought were 2 sizes smaller than i am normally and i havent lost any weight!

I dunno what they are like for me though - but J & S sell kevlar jeans - which are just as good as the draggin ones - for £40..........

SRJ, your a riot. :lol:

I'm a two hour ride from Daytona. If your planning to come down for Biketoberfest or Bike week next year, let me know. We should ride. Of course if you were there on the first weekend, that would explain the weather. Next time leave the 50 deg. Fahrenheit with rain weather at home! :lol: This year I ran into riders from Russia, Italy and Germany. I guess its becoming popular for Europe too. It looks like you have way more events than us, but we do like to go big when we do. 500,000 riders usually show up for Daytona.

i have a pair of draggin jeans

they are super! they have kevlar fabric on the inside and paddin in knees abit

pretty sweet, i wear them all the time :lol:

as i`m about to start out in the bike world, i`ve got a pair of `draggin jeans` cargo`s down on my shopping list of kit to buy.

as i`m about to start out in the bike world, i`ve got a pair of `draggin jeans` cargo`s down on my shopping list of kit to buy.

yea kool

they are £90 so expensive but worth it :rolleyes:

If your gonna get a pair I would do it now!

I just ordered a pair for me, got free knee armour thown in! I also shelled out a couple of quid for some Hip armour!

Ive only had one spill (so far :blink: ) and my hip got the most bruises so I thought it would be a good idea!! ;)

I'm also going to get the Zip Belt attachment so i can zip my jeans to my jacket! more protection the better! :D

From what i can find out about them there worth their money! :D

Yep they are well comfy, and look nice too, Ive just bought a pair of ultra violet camos, and they just look like normal camos on. They are pricey, but for safety i think they are worth it. I didnt get any armour with them, but apparently you can put in armour from other pants and they fit fine. My only prob with them would be sizing, my husband had to go a size down, and i had to go a size up lol, not fair is it :)

PeaBody, are there any online sites in the USA that do them mail order, as the £/$ prices are very good at the moment?

i sell them, there great.

they actually have a higher wear resistance than leather. hell it stops bullets!!!

note, jeans do not make you bullet proof, but they will save your ass and knees!!

if you want some give Rivetts a shout, im at the letchworth shop in hertfordshire, 01462684124

ask for tom, im in monday and wednesdays 2-6 and all weekend sat 9-6 and sun 10-4!

if not my shop we have shops in northampton, hull, chiswick and leytonstone.

i sell them, there great.

they actually have a higher wear resistance than leather. hell it stops bullets!!!

note, jeans do not make you bullet proof, but they will save your ass and knees!!

if you want some give Rivetts a shout, im at the letchworth shop in hertfordshire, 01462684124

ask for tom, im in monday and wednesdays 2-6 and all weekend sat 9-6 and sun 10-4!

if not my shop we have shops in northampton, hull, chiswick and leytonstone.

Thanks man, is your shop at the NEC bike show in late November?.............i`ll be there shopping for kit.

My only prob with them would be sizing, my husband had to go a size down, and i had to go a size up lol, not fair is it :)

Are you still married to Clibbo???? :lol:;)

- but J & S sell kevlar jeans - which are just as good as the draggin ones - for £40..........

I've just bought a pair of Kevlar Jeans from J&S, they were £49.99. They seem comfortable, although I've not had chance to wwar them on a ride yet.......if it stops raining for long enough I'll try them out.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online