Hi guys need some help please :)

Hitchen187
This post is 3731 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

In todays Politically correct world, this has to be the quote of the year, or any other year

dt says

the way you jump around is like a retard in a room full of bouncey balls,oo look there's one oh a blue one no a red one, I like yellow???

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Think i av a fuel issue now i got bike running mint today with choke off by adjusting mixture screw like u guys said but it was WITH MIX SCREW ALL THE WAY IN does this sound right? I took it on a run and bike died and wouldnt start again i pushed it back to work took fuel line off i put a clear pipe on like suggested in a previous post and fuel was barely coming out i put it on reserve and it flows freely so im gunna set bike up on reserve setting tuesday then order a fuel tap as iv had tap out couple weeks ago and blew it out with air line and sprayed it with carb cleaner

Think i av a fuel issue now i got bike running mint today with choke off by adjusting mixture screw like u guys said took it on a run and bike died i pushed it back to work took fuel line off i put a clear pipe on like suggested in a previous post and fuel was barely coming out i put it on reserve and it flows freely so im gunna set bike up on reserve setting tuesday then order a fuel tap as iv had tap out couple weeks ago and blew it out with air line

you might not need a new tap Hitch, maybe the filter screen in the bowl is dirty, or one of the tubes that go inside of the petrol tank (part of the tap)

This problem will have contributed quite a lot to all of your troubles I'd say

I'm more concerned about the fuel delivery right now, just back out the mixture screw to 1 1/2 turns for now and sort out the fuel delivery, there are often 2 screens, one is inside of the tank and will need the tap to be unscrewed off to get at it, the other is often inside of the bowl of the tap isnt there a hexagon 10mm at the bottom of the bowl?

*** IMPORTANT***

Always use a 6 point socket here unless the bowl comes off easily, dont force it or you'll risk rounding off the soft metal

Iv only cleaned the filters on the end of the pipes i didnt no there was a filter in the actual tap iv got a mitivac at work so ill vacuum the see if any foreign matter comes out

There may be no filters in the tap, if it has an obvious bowl there shoud be, either way you need to sort this issue though. I do have to ask you this though..........when you reported a poor flow earlier when torned to ON..........you DID have lots of fuel in the tank eh....eh....eh???

Just looked in my manual, theres only the filters in the tank;)

When you had pet- cock of. shudd placed lips on main outlet blown thru , and turned to on -off to see if it works,

Yeah i blew through tap pipes and got an eye full of petrol (i left fuel pipe on pointing upwards) never felt pain like it lol iv ordered a new tap anyways so ill just change the little blighter

Okidokei them fule taps are bad for the seal under the 2 screws holding it all to gether behind the flow selector,about 6 bucks for a new seal.

They get hard and worn then when you turn the tap from 1 position to the next they rotate with the tap and block the fuel passage,it's the only part that can go bad in the tap.

Hi guys quick update for you i was checking over bike today and i took exhaust off and the exhaust port was full of creamy oil so i took plug out that was gunked up aswell im assuming this is probs the rhs crank seal leaking am i right there