Hi guys need some help please :)

Hitchen187
This post is 3710 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Sorry dt502001 i no i get all excited with my issues lol but i think iv fixed it now was a carb issue i did a lame ass job of cleaning it i didnt take all jets out the choke or the idle and mix screws out either its was filthy inside those ports i got the trusty haynes manual out to sort it iv ridden bike today seems ok on a short run no cutting out or anything so fingers crossed its fixed thanks for all your help everyone if anything goes wrong ill let you no and try not to act retarded chasing balls lol

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:thumb: Live and learn next time you say you've cleaned the carb you will be able to say "you cleaned the carb" not just blew some cleaner around and can see why it so important to fully clean the carb.

also good you have a sence of humor and could see where I was going with why you were having trouble figuering this out.

Me to iv been havin nightmares about carbs n jets lol
Me too - I was quite apprehensive about stripping mine down til I got inside it and saw just how simple it really can be! Now runs as sweet as :) (With a bit of help from the guys on here who've been there, done it etc!)

Hiya guys still got same running issue of riding then cutting out the jobs iv done are

Air filter cleaned and oiled

Carb fully dismantled all jets and ports cleaned choke cleaned

Mixture screw port cleaned

Idle screw port cleaned

Fuel tank cleaned

Fuel tap cleaned

Inlet manifold cleaned and resealed

Any ideas of what to try next thought it was sorted yesterday but its being gay again :'(

Iv got a haynes manual and it shows on the mix screw a washer and rubber seal but mines doesnt have 1 on the mix or idle screw could this be an issue sorry if im bouncy balling again dt502001 lol

Wait the screw is missing the seal and washer,,what about the spring without it the mixture secrw can vibrate out and mess with you mix.

Edit check the amount of turn it's at now vs what you set it at.

Am thinking dirt in fuel tank, :eusa_think: as it ran well for short time, now carb could be choked again . run fuel into CLEAN container