535 REBUILD

dunraffin
This post is 3813 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I bought this 535 virago as a winter project, it had been fired by some person so a lot of the bike had been cooked. This included the loom, I have since been able to purchase another one which I have fitted but have come across a few wiring problems.This is where I need help, I have one green block with Bl/y-b/y at the front with no corresponding attachment. plus a white block 2xbl with the same problem gets better 1xtorpedo with 2 brown,1 with black, 1 with green wires cannot seem to find what goes where ? can any one help please.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome dunraffin " :welcome: plenty vyrago fans in here, also the draggy boy will rip into you,,, hav fun,,, and they"l be Dunlaffin :spin2:

Got any pics of the problem wires? Have you plugged the wires in that come off the engine? I know the dragster has 3 wires coming out of the left hand side that plugs into the loom.

O and yes I'm that drag queen guy that rips into retardgos ha ha.

Yes all wires on left hand side are connected these wires are at the front of the bike. One being the front brake switch or clutch switch could be either.

Stupid question but they need to be asked some times, bit did you buy the same year loom as the year of your bike? soem years may have more / different wires than other years.

As Noise says, put up some pics of the wires and the location, the front of the bike is a bit vague. If the pics are up I can have a look at my boys 535 for a comparison

Ah thanks will take some and stick em on here ASAP

Right, I have a green/yellow,brown from the switch for the brake which has a block on the end.( no male connector in the loom). I also have 2 brown wires in 1 torpedo (no connection.and lastly I have a red/black and yellow/black wires going to a male block connector with no female connection . Also on my wiring schematics clutch is b/bl and the brake is y/g-br

Right lets start to narrow things down.

These wires are at the front of the bike yes? (looks like it in the pics as i can see the bottom yoke)

Have you plugged in the speedo? if not i *THINK* the square blocks are for the that.

As for the torpido connectors they almost look like the ones for the indicators that are hidden in the head light. Are these in the same part of the loom as the head light plug?

I have connected the speedo cable up yes, the two brown wires are in the same area as the headlight.

Speedo cable as in.the bit connecting it to the wheel, or the cable that makes all its lights Work?

Have you plugged the front indicators in?

Do they connect to a black wire.? I have this memory of this being the case .