Sr doing up

lauragilmour
This post is 3739 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ditto! If only I was still at college - all the freetime in the world! Lol. If you get bored, mine is still a bit grubby!!

In fact if I was still in college I could probably afford to have gotten rid of my L plates by now and my '94 SR would be brand new! Though I didn't have the motivation for much more than drink and ahem, 'other' pursuits lol.

Feeling ashamed now - keep up the good work!

I'm at college four days a week 9am till half 6 most days, by the time I get in, cook, walk the dog, it's getting late, weekends I have essays to do, i do fishing competitions most Sundays and Monday nights, be honest I've hardly got any time at all :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I hold my hat aloft to you! You're obviously doing a proper college course! It's almost full time lol. My kids take up pretty much all my free-time and what's left the wife takes!! All polishing and cleaning has to be insitu cos its a work horse and the Mrs needs use of the car for our youngest to get to play group!

Seriously though it would be great to have another bike so I could strip mine right back too - probably take me til summer '15 to get it all finished

By the end I'll be an electrical engineer so it's all worth it :) still got a good family though it's all worth it :)

I'd love to get another bike sometime, not to ride just to build up, that needs a bit work to it, mechanically wise

Looks great Laura nice job,the photos came out good I can see your phone,foot peg,hand in the shine and possibly some booty in the last 1 :eusa_whistle: ,foams had you done that ya could have got another hundred for yours.

Looking very smart indeed.

Just out of interest, what are you doing with the cylinder head and cooling fins? i.e. polishing them or painting them?

I'm really not sure! I was thinking of painting them but not sure, any input foams?

Wow! Looking very good. I still don't quite understand how you are doing it. Any chance you could come down and show me, on mine?!

Very unusual to see a girl doing a motorbike project. I'm impressed. Seems to be going quite well.

You must have a lot of patience to be doing all that polishing. Especially on those bolts. If it were me I'd measure them all then order a stainless steel kit off ebay, Won't rust as easily that way and will stay shiny for longer.

If you took your time with everything else on that bike it will be an absolute minter. One worth saving me thinks!

I like you nuts!!

I did all mine a while ago but all back to the weathered look now, need to get them zinc plated really

you can do it yourself, look on youtube

keep up the good work Laura as DT 50 said your putting the lads to shame

Want to buff my nuts?

• Like 3

possibly some booty in the last 1 :eusa_whistle:

Where?? WHERE?!! :o

I'm really not sure! I was thinking of painting them but not sure, any input foams?

I painted mine with a rattle can of high-temp alluminium silver paint, it looked good but the colour was flat, im not too sure how it would look matched with your shiny cases, perhaps a simple clean with a wirebrush would be sufficient, the whole idea of the fins is to give a larger surface area to dissipate the heat, polishing smooths down the surfaces and gets rid of the pits and bumps that help get rid of the heat, i had a similar dilemma with an intake plenum on my FTO, eventually i settled for a light polish but definately not mirror-finish :)

either way you choose to do it, im sure it will look badass :)