2 stroke pump

dtluke
This post is 3843 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

bugger!...I'm not familiar with how to set up that pump :(

Hi Airhead & dtluke

Just had a look at a copy of the Haynes which has a section on the 1997- on DT125R's and it say's to set the pump to open the throttle fully and hold in this position. At this position the line scribed on the end of the oil hose union (which you can just see on dtliuke's photo) should align with the reference mark on the pulley. If not adjust the pump cable until the marks line up on full throttle.The picture in the Haynes isn't very clear but it looks like with the marks aligned this puts the cable nipple in the pulley at the 6 o'clock position and the 4FL stamped on the pulley at the 3 o'clock positon. Hope this makes sense.

Tony

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Luke what year is your bike mate? Oil pump looks the same as mine I'll try and snap a photo for you

Hi Airhead & dtluke

Just had a look at a copy of the Haynes which has a section on the 1997- on DT125R's and it say's to set the pump to open the throttle fully and hold in this position. At this position the line scribed on the end of the oil hose union (which you can just see on dtliuke's photo) should align with the reference mark on the pulley. If not adjust the pump cable until the marks line up on full throttle.The picture in the Haynes isn't very clear but it looks like with the marks aligned this puts the cable nipple in the pulley at the 6 o'clock position and the 4FL stamped on the pulley at the 3 o'clock positon. Hope this makes sense.

Tony

only just home from work mate ill have a look shortly. cheers pal :thumb:

Luke what year is your bike mate? Oil pump looks the same as mine I'll try and snap a photo for you

its the re model, ill be checking soon to see if the older mod is the same, but as airhead said hes looks different so ill report back hear soon,

asked a few machanics today and no1 can put ther finger on it or give me a reason most just said do the premix but i defo dont want to do away with my oil pump it makes sense to keep it.. :eusa_think:

Update

I've got a copy of the DT125RE 2005 Yamaha manual and it say's "The adjusting marks a and b has to match when the throttle cable free play ends"

The mark "a" is the scribed line on the end of the oil hose union and the mark "b" is the "O" line on the pulley. Looking at your photo the two marks are nearly lined up maybe a bit over on the pulley so when you remove the freeplay from the throttle the two marks should line up.

Just another thought if it's getting through a lot of two stroke oil it maybe leaking through the oil pump seal in the RH case into the gearbox oil. Can you check to see if the gearbox oil has risen ?

Tony

Update

I've got a copy of the DT125RE 2005 Yamaha manual and it say's "The adjusting marks a and b has to match when the throttle cable free play ends"

The mark "a" is the scribed line on the end of the oil hose union and the mark "b" is the "O" line on the pulley. Looking at your photo the two marks are nearly lined up maybe a bit over on the pulley so when you remove the freeplay from the throttle the two marks should line up.

Just another thought if it's getting through a lot of two stroke oil it maybe leaking through the oil pump seal in the RH case into the gearbox oil. Can you check to see if the gearbox oil has risen ?

Tony

cant really see at the minuet ill need a good broight tourch as i can not see a reading in the window..(please....please not be full) would that be a big job 2 sort out?

yea see what u mean about when i adjust it, im going to check this oil level in transmission first!

if all ok ill just do another spin out and see if it has cured it fingers crossed! :eusa_shifty:

just a thought ! but maybe it wasn't getting enough oil before . giving the false illusion that it is now using more..

Update

Tony

This is the correct way of setting up the pump.

Its just a bit fiddly to get it right

Roughly 4 tanks of fuel to 1 ltr of oil,,,, sounds about right

Luke I've got the x model, 2007.

So exactly the same pump as yours, really easy to set up, I'll take some pics of mine and of the procedure in my Haynes manual tomorrow morning

• Like 1

Luke I've got the x model, 2007.

So exactly the same pump as yours, really easy to set up, I'll take some pics of mine and of the procedure in my Haynes manual tomorrow morning

cheers mate, just back from a ride there. no problems going ok rideing wise not too sure about the 2stroke tho i looked before i went and i only done say 25 mile and i can say i can notice it used up a bit (should of marked it :crazy:)

" I'll take some pics of mine and of the procedure in my Haynes manual tomorrow morning" << that would be highly apprectiated dude thanks a million!

Hey Luke, If you're keeping it how about getting yourself a manual too? ;)

have one here mate but cant make it out for the life of me its a pdf file so very small pics :shakeno:

imgoing to leave her now and pay for a good look over it god nose how much but i no it wont be cheap lol 30 kwid and hr labour :eusa_doh: but at the same time im dying to get my head around this bike to be able to look after it myself ..kinda a hobbie to me now keeps me out of mischeif and from pissing my money away.

why not buy a Haynes manual, you have been given all the info you need anyhow?

yea mate thats why ive given up on this one now it all looks right set up wise.(just found how to zoom on the page now :eusa_doh: ) im going to just bleed it tomoro do another 100 mile and if still guzzling 2t ill take it the shop monday im going to have to leave it with him so god nose hw long it will take to find the problem. but ill give him hes dues he will go through everything with me and helps as best as he can lol like i say its just the money sitiuation. and whats that saying "time is money" :shakeno:

Luke do you still need these pictures mate?

Sorry for the delay I've been struggling with work and the weather as well.

Sounds like you've worked it out from the manual but if you still need them let me know

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online