Good afternoon from a new member

This post is 3916 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello, out there!

I'm new to biking, having done my CBT a month ago and since then bought a 2002 SR125, which I love. It's really encouraging to have come across such a friendly and encouraging site for Yamaha owners.

I know nothing - nothing! - about the mechanics of the machinery, but have my Haynes manual and hope to learn in time. I think for the first times though when anything goes wrong it'll be a case of taking Mildred to a real mechanic and looking on and learning. (Might be soon - she keeps cutting out in first gear. The last thing a novice rider needs at busy junctions...)

Anyway, very pleased to make your acquaintance!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
:wavey: Welcome aboard Peaky! See the FAQ for help posting pics... and put some pics of your bike up if you'd like.

Welcome to the forum, mate!!

:welcome:

Try turning the idle screw up a bit.

Aaaah the sr....I had one in midnight blue...went to the dealers looking for the dragstar...none in so got that instead...never did me wrong (other than my own inexperience that is) welcome aboard mate...my first advice from a novice bike tinkerer...get stuck in and investigate ur bike mate...so rewarding (and becomes soooo not scary with a lil knowledge that you wont instantly ruin ur ride)...and the guys here are great...they will see u right

Thank you!

Bike cut out again tonight at lights - couldn't get it in to any gear to start. After a 15 minute rest with the engine off, started again no problem at all! Will definitely take the advice about getting to know the bike mechanically. Thanks for the encouragement.

Welcome beaky " you say cudna get into any gear,,,, sounds like engine oil is low, but thats nowt to do with it stalling, unless thers a sensor on oil switch,,, :eusa_think: