new bike! sv650s

Matthew Duncan
This post is 4049 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello!

so i picked up a new bike today, been sat for 2 years, and has cosmetic damage - but other than that i got a hell of a bargain!

what you think?

900041_594218163940431_259195084_o.jpg?o

862979_594218140607100_1513346400_n.jpg?

888429_594218237273757_1611860890_o.jpg?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well done Matthew the term "JAMMY BASTARD" comes to mind, should make a fine ride when you have it all done, :jossun:

Had mine for nearly 3 years. The only thing that has gone wrong was the speedo drive (common fault). Treated it to the exhaust, consumables and servicing only.

s1.jpg

Well done Matthew the term "JAMMY BASTARD" comes to mind, should make a fine ride when you have it all done, :jossun:

haha, i was thinking the same! old man came with me to see it expecting a basket case, but shes nice! bit of damage to the fairings, but nothing to major, deffo going to get crash bungs for it like, for all they cost its deffo cheaper than buying new plastics!

managed to get her running aswell, drained the questionable fuel ( it was red??) out the tank and flushed the lines, then after a bit of caughing and spluttering she burst into life! with 2 foot flames coming out the exhaust . . may have flooded it! haha

the exhaust is next to brand new, i deffo got a bargain!

You FN stole it ,the fuel was red from stabelizer,you probably won't even have to clean the carbs just run it for a while.

It's got steel braided lines the rubber looks usable,so what do you need to buy other than a oil change, battery and mto it?

My only real ??? is why did you need to think about buying it at all,when she offered it up you should have sprained your wrist from trin to get your wallet out so fast :biglaugha: you will be up cash in pocket when you sell your 600. LUCKY SOB

well, for £200 i was expecting it to be a basket! but its not bad, photos dont show the damage on the fairings, will get some this weekend and see what yous think for repairing/painting.

but yeah, chuffed to bits with it! got a battery and oil on order, one plug was black, the other was perfect so i might get the ol' vacuam guages out, but other than that shes lovely :) not a fann of the curvy fairings as such, but they are growing on me!

Matthew, It's a beautiful bike don't f**k it up by taking bits off before you really get to grips with it, must say tho really envious of you, you're going to have to change your name to "JAMMY BASTARD" :biglaugha:

im not :) i just cant wait for some decent weather, so me and dad can take all out bikes out for a group photo haha

Theres a photo of the un-faired version in this months Classic Motorcycle Mechanics. I have to say, the unfaired one looks a real smart bike. Not sure what the differnces are, whether its just higher bars with a single headlight

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online