dragstar kill switch

Toutsuite
This post is 4076 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys,

looks like my starter kill switch is beginning to pack in. Bike wouldn't start this morning (no cranking and I think no clicking). Came back from work this evening, checked fuses (battery is fully charged). Really pushed the kill switch in hard and it made contact, so bike started. Is this something I can fix with a bit of contact cleaner, or do I have to get a new switch? Which will be hard to find... and probably f***ing expensive...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yer id go for the WD40 route first toute. if not just open up the button holder and see what the wires/contacts look like and treat accordingly.

If you said it was your starter button playing up i have one of them in the shed you could of had :babyha:

• Like 1

Always always do the cheapest things and replace the cheapest parts first!!

If you said it was your starter button playing up i have one of them in the shed you could of had :babyha:

Har, I'll bet I'll end up with most of the old bits of your bike! :icon_surprised:

Not got much left of it really ha-ha

clean up the contacts, check the switch operation with a continuety tester, if still not working properly as gizmo said bridge out the contacts so switch is permenantly "on".

Opened the switch housing today, al lot of moisture in there! WD40ed it, wiped screwed back together. Seems to be working fine now. Might get some clear silicone and apply a bit round the edges on the inside later. Thanks for all the advices guys!

Your very welcome sir, a mans bike first aid kit should be gaffa tape, WD40 and a hammer either one will fix every thing :biglaugha:

Ayup Noise, you missed out Cable Ties...

A piece of tinfoil, Gaffa Tape and cable ties fixed our motorhome exhaust when the down pipe split from the silencer and was still fine 400 miles later when we got home and had it welded.

Toutsuite, not sure if you have any but ACF50 is also good to spray into electrics and switches.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online