What Does Type 2K4 Mean - DT175 MX

RickGM
This post is 4013 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Pretty much what the title says. My chassis and engine number start with 2K4 and on the info plate next to the chassis number I have "Model DT175 Type 2K4" with a bit of German as well. I know the bike is an import from details on the V5 but does the 2K4 give any more info.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

all it means is it's a DT175MX Rick

I havent forgot about the bump stopper, just been to busy to investigate further at the mo

Thanks for that. I guess with the German on the plate that's where it started out its life. No prob with the bump stopper (I pm'd you earlier but there's no urgency - too bloody cold to be messing about even in the garage)

Yip " 1979 at that... :yeah:

V5 says first registered July 80, first reg in UK Sept 2011. '79 build?

• 1 month later...

i have got a DT 175 with the prefix 2k4 what does it mean also the engine number is only 300 away would this be the original engine... the engine is 797 and the chassis is 483.. do you think this could be the original engine... seems too close to be a replacement engine ?

1978 YZ 100 ---2K5 ....1978 YZ125-- 2K6 ... cant find 2K4 on my list,,,,, :eusa_think:

Its on mine too.