Xj600 running problems

Jobigee1982
This post is 4062 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Your going to have to be a bit more specific,or take your foot off the brake :shrug:

Lol not sure if it has power valves or somethimg like that that used to kick in and now it does not have a manuel but don't know what I'm looking to fix

I think its basically the same motor as on the FJ, FZ, and YX models. Thing to do is start looking at the simplest and cheapest possible faults - plugs/air filter/ filter in the fuel tank, is it a vac operated fuel tap - if so check the carb rubbers for leaks or poor fit. Cant remeber if theres a fuel filter in the fuel tap - check that too. Fuel tank air vent clear/? Low compression. Valve clearnaces. Ethanol in the fuel? Clutch slipping

Easy things first before you pull the carbs to bits

Good luck

Check the condition and colour of your spark plugs, my XJ600 used to be very picky about its fueling, a good mixture should be a dark chocolatey brown, also check the rubber gators that go between the carbs and engine head (chances are these are perished and they are more rare than rocking horse sh*t with hens teeth in it)

also, make sure your exhaust is in good condition, it may sound stupid but it makes a hell of a difference to these little bikes when they have the right backpressure

sounds to me like it might a problem with your powerband, i would reccoment replacing it with this one - http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=36

Regards,

sounds to me like it might a problem with your powerband, i would reccoment replacing it with this one - http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=36

Regards,

That site never gets old! XD,