fazer problem

kearnsy123
This post is 4061 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

When drivin my fazer i have a problem sumtimes when i clutch and go to select gear the gear leaver goes up but doesnt dgo into nxt gear . Only happens goin up gears any idead what would b the problem thanks

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If it was happening when you go down the gearbox I would say it was the thrust bearing. but, as it is only happening when you go up the gears I can only think the cable needs adjusting, I might be wrong so it's only a suggestion.

Ye the clutch leaver seems loose ???

In that case, I would adjust the cable as it looks like you have to pull the lever in to maximum before the clutch plates separate, if they are actually separating?

Let us know how you get on, as feedback will help others with similar problems.

Could u giv us some advice on how to ajust cable thsnks

Wont let me click the link

Try this then K. Bearing in mind these are photos from my divvy, but I would think the setup is standard.

IMGP0220_zps766aa6fc.jpg

Firstly try adjusting it at the lever end of the cable, slack off the large round knurled nut then screw in or out the long round knurled adjuster until the lever tightens up. But you want about 5-10mm freeplay in the lever. (sorry about the focus, the camera seemed to focus on the fairing not the adjuster)

IMGP0221_zpsce9fc5fd.jpg

If that doesn't work you can adjust it at the clutch casing end, but if you have to do that I would think that the cable is stretched to it's limit so maybe a new cable is required. I have never had to adjust the cable at this end.

I hope this helps.

Grand thanks il giv that a go

Check your shifter linkage isn't worn wobly as well,might need to be lowered to get full throw again

Check your shifter linkage isn't worn wobly as well,might need to be lowered to get full throw again

Dt50, you might have to explain that again in English, we don't know what you be on about.

The linkage between the shifter pedal and the post comming out of the transmission the hime joints get slopy and you don't get full travel,kinda of a half shift situation.

Will do thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Ive changed the oil and tightened the clutch lever and it has made it a bit better bit sometimes now it still happens .head wrecker

• 2 weeks later...

heres a couple of things to check ... 1 are all your casing screws tightened stupid one I know - but I came across this the other day - the guy was reporting a slipping clutch and it turns out that when he replaced his front sprocket he forgot to tighten the casing screws ... 2nd one for you to check is the Fazer uses a return spring to tension the clutch cable, is yours missing or broken ?

Thanks for the reply il check soon and get back to u !

Ok after ajusting the clutch cable the bike is selecting every gear now but now when drivin the bike cold when i pick up the revs the revs shoot up fast and the bike roars but i dont go any faster . Kinda sounds like a power valve on a scrambler . But when it warms up its fine . Im thinking the clutch is slippin or the clutch cabel is sticken and needs oiled .

Yep slipin clutch or not enough slack in the cable, should have a little free play at the lever

I think i tightened the cable two much to the point there is no slack at the lever i ajusted it there and il test it out in the morning fingers crossed its just the cable and not the clutch u learn as u go i supose . Thanks for the reply

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online