I thought hondas were reliable?!

wild foamy
This post is 4177 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey peeps

Tearing my hair out with this fireblade, have been trying to start it for the past hour to little or no avail, ive been jumpstarting it off the car as the fireblade battery does not have the power to spin it over for any period of time.

No matter what combination of throttle position, choke or swearing i give it the fucker still wont start, just the occasional very loud backfire which the station guards thought was a gunshot and sent out a patrol.

now, if this was the XJ600 i would have it running by now, check the fuel is getting to the cylinders, give the sparkers a dust off with a wirebrush whilst im at it, check the spark and maybe if im feeling cheeky give it a dust of carb cleaner to give it that extra kick, but not the fireblade, f*ck knows where the spark plugs are, i think i have to remove the airbox, tank, possibly even part of the carbs to get to them.

as m

entioned before, it backfires occasionally so something is definately igniting. im all out of ideas :(

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

also, there only seems to be about 5v going to the fuel pump when its cranking over, if i manually wire the fuel pump up to the battery nothing happens

See, if you'd gotten an R1, you'd not be having this problem either, but you were *set* on buying a Feebleblade... :P

I fink yer battery might be fooked, Foamz...

But yeah, AFAIK, you do have to strip a lot of the gubbins down for these Sporty things. Is there not an online manual?

The battery needs replacing anyway, but i was jumpstarting it off the car so there was plenty of juice, i cant tell wether the fuel pump is a conventional constant pressure one or a metering pump, some online forums suggest that there are contacts in the back of the pump behind the plastic cover, but most of it is broken english :(

my friend had the same problem with his cbr600

problems found were

faulty plugs and faulty plug connectors

apperently they're bad for corroding causing misfires and non starting

That back-fire will be fuel in exhast foam"s, all that cranking, , new plugs , new battery, first ,, then look at pump , its the dear bit, :eusa_doh:

Get a Cruiser - Plugs are easy peasy to reach ;)

Take the tank off and the air filter out. Squirt some wd40 into the airbox hole where it goes into the throttle body. Open the throttle full and push the starter on a jump lead.