best way to secure two bare wires?

Grover
This post is 4173 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

ive installed a new topbox with intergrated brake lights, and the wire powering these is left bare in the kit, so i chopped the existing line, and chock-blocked the three bare wires together.

a few days ago, i found that my brake lights weren't working at all, so i investigated and found that i'd gone over a bump too fast and one side of the chock block had lost its wires, not hard to fix, but i had no idea how long i had no brake lights for

does anyone know a better way to secure the wires so that i don't have to worry about the speed humps on the way to work?

thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Solder and shrink tubing ideally.

Crimps fitted with a PROPER rachet crimping tool.

Choclate blocks are for easter.

Then beg borrow buy or steal one as those chocolate block connectors are crap.

They will suffer from vibration temperature and corrotion. You would be better off twisting the wires together with some pliers and wraping with tape.

Ewww they are still mains electrical fittings and will still suffer.

As said already, ideally crimping the cables and heat shrink would be best. Crimp kits arnt very expensive at all.

Get proper connectors , I cannot beleive how much better my RD400 wiring is since i ripped out all the red and blue bullets and replaced them with the proper things. the headlight was forever going out and i had to open up the headlight and twiddle the spaghetti inside to get it working, not any more, and the bike looks better for not having them on it

http://kojaycat.co.uk/epages/950000457.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950000457/Categories/Connectors_Bullet/39mm_Japanese_Bullet_Connectors