Got Pulled for F All (Again)

Grouch
This post is 4187 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

On my home from work I got pulled by the the police. This was the third time since getting my bike in March. I was not breaking any laws. The copper said I was doing over 50 on a 40 road, when in fact I was doing 38. The copper then tried telling me how fast my bike was (lmao) I then corrected him saying that my machine is only capable of 10hp and it is a very slow bike. It is even below the legal power requirement. I carried on protesting my innocence. He then began the old 'so your calling me a liar' routine. I said well you must have me doing over 50 mph on your camera. He then went over my bike with a fine tooth comb trying to do me for a defect, while his colleague started quizzing me about dates I got my CBT ect. After 20 minutes he let me go. I did not do anything wrong and I am fully legal. My bike tops out at 55 so to be doing over 50 I need a few mile run up lol. I just don't understand the police's attitudes, they are clearly drunk with power.

Since March I have been pulled three times for fuck all. The last time I got pulled I asked the copper for his number because I was going to lodge a complaint with the I.P.C.C. but he refused to give me it, and drove off laughing.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Its easy to get there numbers mate, On their shoulder lapels is their numbers so just have a quick glance next time and make a mental note of it. Touch wood i have only been caught by a mobile piggy bank camera but never pulled by a plod whilst riding my bike.

Bit of a shitter for you bud, but if it happens again id just stay polite and that, because if you know your right and staying true to the law they will have to prove that your guilty before things happen and you more than in your rights to ask to see any convicting evidence to the allegations they are putting on you.

"Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, third time is..."

The end of that quote is actually 'enemy action', but since you're not James Bond being interrogated by Goldfinger, I'd have to say that you're possibly doing *something* to attract their attention. It could be the way you're riding, how the bike looks, maybe even the noise it makes. But I reckon there's a reason you keep getting stopped.

"Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, third time is..."

The end of that quote is actually 'enemy action', but since you're not James Bond being interrogated by Goldfinger, I'd have to say that you're possibly doing *something* to attract their attention. It could be the way you're riding, how the bike looks, maybe even the noise it makes. But I reckon there's a reason you keep getting stopped.

I totally understand that you think it looks like my bike must look dodgy. My bike is 100% roadworthy with no mods at all (look at my sig). Last night it was 12:20 in the morning so I kind of understand getting pulled for a 'routine' check, but it is their attitudes when they addressed me. They thought they were fucking Nazi's. When I was younger I used to be a little cunt and am no stranger to them. So all I can think of is they are harassing me because they still think I'm on the wrong side of the law. I don't know the reason but, it's nothing to do with my bike, or my riding style. The copper went over my bike with a fine toothcomb, so if the tyres were bald ect, I would of been done.

I sympathise. Many moons ago when i was a quiet polite teen.........ahem. I bought an astra gte. Fast as f and unknown to me owned previously by a right villan.

At its worse i went into the station with 8 priducers in 4 days. None for any offence. When i went to the station the officer on the desk nearly choked. He took the top one, processed it then told me i would NOT be stopped again. He was right.

I sympathise. Many moons ago when i was a quiet polite teen.........ahem. I bought an astra gte. Fast as f and unknown to me owned previously by a right villan.

At its worse i went into the station with 8 priducers in 4 days. None for any offence. When i went to the station the officer on the desk nearly choked. He took the top one, processed it then told me i would NOT be stopped again. He was right.

It pissed me off last night because I had just finished work and was on my home home. Hopefully I will get left alone now.

Take a flask of coffee or tea, and if you do get stopped at night, and its freezing cold, which it more than likely will be, get it yer rucksack, and then in front of the plod, drink it lovingly, nay infact slurp it in front of him, it'll make him feel colder trust me.

Haha, I need to think of something to get one over on them in case I get pulled again. I have a feeling they will be waiting for me again tonight in case I fuck up.

I got pulled over lately. TBH i was slightly speeding. a couple of boy's got out of the unmarked car and proceeded to question me (interrogate). Obviously my substantial Irish charm won out and they let me off with the speeding. ( they didn't have proof). But what i did get out of them is that they try to stop bikes more because of drug trafficking. According to the boys a not of drugs are transported in backpacks on bikes.

So when they see a biker with a backpack they automatically assume ur transporting the wacky backi or whatever.

You anywhere near Bradford or similar large town, where riders of such machines as your are commonly troublemakers?

When I was younger I used to be a little cunt and am no stranger to them.

Ah, usual suspect, then?

That could be all they need and, TBH, I'd rather have cops who know and keep an eye on scrotes (current and former), than those who don't know a thing about the local area and blunder their way through.

We had a big spate of bike thefts a few years back - After the 4th report in perhaps as many days, the cops were on it, knew enough about the local goings-on to track everything down, stormed the scrotes' hideout proer fuckin' Gene Hunt style and successfully recoverd the 30-odd other thefts that had occured over the previous 2 days. They were being packed up ready to ship overseas.

Most of this was possible because they knew a bunch of scrotes new to the area had arrived.

I got pulled over lately. TBH i was slightly speeding. a couple of boy's got out of the unmarked car and proceeded to question me (interrogate). Obviously my substantial Irish charm won out and they let me off with the speeding. ( they didn't have proof). But what i did get out of them is that they try to stop bikes more because of drug trafficking. According to the boys a not of drugs are transported in backpacks on bikes.

So when they see a biker with a backpack they automatically assume ur transporting the wacky backi or whatever.

I always have a backpack

You anywhere near Bradford or similar large town, where riders of such machines as your are commonly troublemakers?

Ah, usual suspect, then?

That could be all they need and, TBH, I'd rather have cops who know and keep an eye on scrotes (current and former), than those who don't know a thing about the local area and blunder their way through.

We had a big spate of bike thefts a few years back - After the 4th report in perhaps as many days, the cops were on it, knew enough about the local goings-on to track everything down, stormed the scrotes' hideout proer fuckin' Gene Hunt style and successfully recoverd the 30-odd other thefts that had occured over the previous 2 days. They were being packed up ready to ship overseas.

Most of this was possible because they knew a bunch of scrotes new to the area had arrived.

I wasn't aware Bradford was a hotspot for trouble making bikers.

Keep a note of the days, times and numbers of the police each time you are stopped. Take pictures of them (this is not illegal). When you get enough evidence, make a complaint.

Take your phone out and tell them you are recording the conversation then take a pic of them and the cruser make sure you time date stamp is on.If it's the same dick ,not sure about the laws there but here 3x is harrasment and the cop would be suspended. I know because I had the same problem and the cop did get suspended after I filed a complaint. I got fired from the job( for being late 3 day in a row and had no fine to prove to my boss why) I had at the time.So I payed a lawyer 50 bucks to wright a letter to the cops threatened to sue the cops if I was harrased ever again.

I also contacted my local member of parlament and he fowared a letter to the local cops, after that I didn't get pulled over for years. Now if I do get pulled over I get the cops badge # before I hand over my ID, and have been informed that I am on the don't harrase list still to this day 25 yrs later.

Don't put up with it take action

Most towns have a Ped Boy element, so anyone with an L plate or 125 in general might be closely watched, depending on what the cops usually have to deal with. Round here it's just twats violating traffic laws. Other areas, it's criminals generally using Peds to escape through the suburbs and so on.

And Bradford does have a lot of crime - Not neccesarily bikers or motorcyclists, but Bradford is generally the second most dangerous city in England and Wales. Last count had 98.3 serious offences per 1,000 population, just behind Nottingham. Bradford also has the highest level of gun violence in the UK and is in the top 5 for rape, burglary, assault and vehicle crime.

So factor that all in and there ya have it.

I didn't know Bradford was the second most dangerous city. As soon as I finish my degree I'm moving. Bradford is a complete shit hole, and no one even speaks English anymore. It's like living in the middle of some backward fucking third world country.

When I looked up the crime stats, I was seriously fucking shocked!!

In every single crime category, Bradford has at least three times what Reading has and in many cases it's more than twelve times!!

To be fair, Reading is sort of a pretend town. Very little here is actually serious enough to take itself as seriously as it does... but I moved here having lived around places like Wembley, Southall, Burnt Oak, Harrow (not the on-the-Hill bit, the scum part) and Camden.

But from the accounts of Bradford by friends who live there, I'd guess they all live outside the city itself...

Give it a few more years and it'll be like downtown Jo'burg is now!!

Until you have private security firms operating where the cops are too afraid to go and who can sieze anyone they want, to take them away and hold them for days on end, beating them with a sjambok for 'interrogation' just to ascertain whether or not someone is even guilty... until then, even Bradford has nothing on Johannesburg!

I remember a guy i know getting grief for having no l plates on his 125 once, you should have seen the stupid rozzers face drop when he took out his licence and showed him it was a full licence

I remember a guy i know getting grief for having no l plates on his 125 once, you should have seen the stupid rozzers face drop when he took out his licence and showed him it was a full licence

I bet the copper still was an arrogant cunt and did not apologise.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online