xvs 125

bennyboy1
This post is 4215 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have been offered a SR 250 engine ,, complete, carbs , electrics, everything

does anyone know if it will fit in to an xvs 125 frame ??

my main concerns are the height as the sr is quite a tall single cylinder and also getting the sprockets

lined up..

ANY OPINIONS ????????/

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'd really expect not, TBH...

I do realise it is a single cylinder , I ran an sr 250 from new in 1981 to 1985.. I was wondering if anyone knew the dimensions of it,

just looking to upgrade the engine,,,,,,does not have to be another v twin.. I like the size and overall shape of the baby drag

so was looking into a slightly bigger engine for it instead of replacing the whole bike.

I think that even if you can fit the engine and get it running, every thing you like about the baby drag will change, your brakes would probably need upgrading, the suspension will need changing to suit the new weight and the positioning of the weight and I would think that the riding characteristics would all change.

My mate has a real cool looking custom built chop that he cruises around town on and parks outside Tescos to get joe public drooling but if we are going for a ride he takes it home and gets his XJ600.

Why not just buy a 250cc draggy?

Well its just silly putting a single pot 250 engine into a 125 draggy even tho you like the look of the bike and its engine. Yet there is a 250cc draggy out there that looks identical to the 125 draggy??? May as well just buy the ready made 250. IMO

But say that you had a MK2 Golf GTI and you wanted to smack a VR6 lump into the MK2 shell...................Then thats more worth while.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online