Road Wizards Bike Show (Saddleworth, Oldham)

Airhead
This post is 4248 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

and remember i said some strange winners....

i give you best in show.

IMAG0578.jpg

a raked virago with 8'' overs. some polishing and not a lot else.

looked ok, but when you looked closely the work round the rake was a bit iffy, welding a bit snotty and looked like there was a good dab of filler in there...

there were at least three others that would of come before that if i was picking, the sunbeam mentioned earlier, NEMO the green cracked ice spondon or the triton..

FYI the bike is an Intruder not a Virago, has hand tooled forward controls that have been made espeacilly for the bike, slash cut exhaust pipes, and the bike was raked out by Dave Neild who owns the Boss Hoss bike you showed earlier, also responsible for the famous dragon bike on YouTube to name but a few so no filler anywhere.............we were suprised too to win Best in Show but we didn`t vote for it, others obviously appreciated the work that has gone into this 26 year old bike. Thanks for the good picture you took of it (ozzy2)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

bippo where abouts are you?

and as well as the salvation army run there is the roughley's one as well.

i have not done the salvation army one but have done the roughley's for the last five years.

it has a turn out of about 300 or so bikes, run from stockport harley shop to together trust and then to francis house hospice shop at lowry centre. a mass convoy no stopping for lights or juntions all marshalled by out riders and a real good day... all you do is turn up with a few little unwrapped pressies and follow the leaders, get to the stops aqnd give your pressies over have a brew/ chat and head to next stop.. do the same.

this years is december 9th.

Hey Beef. I live in Glossop.

I'd like to do the Toy Run, never heard of that before. Also Roughley's sounds good too - like the sound of no traffic lights etc!

me too bippo :)

I havent seen any sign of this years sally army run so I've emailed them to ask

Ha! What a small world! Well if you see a black/grey YBR pottering about, give me a nod!

Keep me posted on the run, I'd like to give that a go if I'm not away with work.

Err actually the free coffee and bacon butty van has a collection box on it, voluntary of course

in that case,,, free coffee lads :spin2: i will be their ? as usual.

, and am not sure how durable these plugs are...

I heard Big Kev [ up yours] had a but plug inserted at Squires. and its still in,,, :biglaugha: