Getting pissed off with SMIDSY's

neversaydie
This post is 4051 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Stay away from schools where women pick up there kids in cars.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

wingmirror removal tends to make them notice you, or as mentioned in my thread about gloves, get a set of THESE:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271166370774?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

run a few knuckles across the paintwork, jobs a good'un

• 3 weeks later...

Got taken off my GPZ600 in January by a moron. I was filtering in slow traffic when a car in the right lane just decided it was time to change lanes. No indication just crossed right in front of me.

As I picked myself up off the road he got out of his car and uttered the immortal words "Sorry mate I didn't see you."

The nice young lady who stopped her car instead of running over my head replied "No you moron, you wouldn't have seen him because you didn't use your mirrors."

Not all car drivers are bad. She later repeated that to a police traffic officer who happened to be passing and stopped to take details.

OK I will admit it, I am 50 this year, have been riding since I was 16, and nothing has really changed, drivers not looking or paying attention to other road users, arrogant idiots who think they have the right to do what that like, and since the introduction of mobile phones you have gained another type of idiot driver.

My ride into work in the morning is usually pretty quiet as its reasonably early in the morning, but the ride home at 4pm can be a bit busy and I regularly come up on a queue of 5-6 vehicles behind something slower moving, what I find more and more is that there is a certain minority of nobs that seems to be actively blocking me from filtering past.

I have learned over the years to use the bikes acceleration to my advantage, I do not need to sit close to the vehicle in front to be able to get by it quickly and safely, as I can close the gap and get by very quickly if unhindered, and by using all of my side of the road I can get a better view round the next bend than the tin box.

I admit that I have lost my rag over the years and taken a few wing mirror trophies but these days I tend to chill and go with the flow as its much better for your blood pressure and riding angry is not good, and even with the nobs I can still make better progress than them.

When I first took my car test the smaller engined cars that you had such as Mini's topped out at 80mph if you were going down hill with a wind behind you, now you can get the likes of a Nova, Saxo, 106, Fiesta etc. that get to 100mph or more, maybe what's really needed is a change to the standard car licensing along the lines of motorcycle licensing.

How you change things to stop the idiots on mobile phones, young females doing their make up (I have seen this twice this week), mothers being distracted by the kids in the back (It seems like no body walks to school any more), idiots rolling fags on their steering wheels (This morning) I have no idea, but something needs to change, I think part of the problem is that drivers are now too isolated from the outside in these fancy modern vehicles.

Rant over......

It should be compulsory that you should have to ride a bike for 5 years before being allowed near a car and I am a qualified car driving instructor!

It should be compulsory that you should have to ride a bike for 5 years before being allowed near a car and I am a qualified car driving instructor!

then why isnt this happeneing?, atleast a 2 week motorcycle awareness course with a written test and pass mark at the end

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online