bike restriction

kearnsy123
This post is 4316 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i just bought a fazer 600 but bfore i can insure it my insurance want a copy of the restriction cert . i would like to no were in dublin .kildare etc would b the best place to get the bike restricted ?? iv seen kits on ebay for cheap and come with cert would that do ? or do i need a garage to suply n fit and issue cert ? any advise would b great as i cant wait to get it on the road !!!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

if you get it insured with swinton they dont ask for the certificate, failing that if you want it to be legit youd be best off contacting your local yamaha dealer through the yellow pages

well ive bin ringing around garages to get the fazer restricted and cheapest is " bikeworld" they will do it for 275 euro fittied inc an f1 cert . cant sit my test until bike is restricted ..... back on my tdr for now !!

Must be different rules over the water. In UK I don't think you can take a test on a restricted bike.

Here in Ireland you can take the test on a restricted bike or anything under 33bhp. kearnsy, €275 sounds about right. you won't get it much cheaper than that, especially with the f1 cert. all the insurance comp recognise it.

thanks for replys its booked in for saterday !

cityspares dublin ! has anyone here ever had any dealings with them ?

Hey Kearnsy,, i answered your other post,,, hope im not too late !

I would NOT go to bikeworld. Cityspares is okish.

€240 or 250 is about normal.

That lad i said in other post is in meath,,,not far from you.

If he has a kit there, he will not charge you for buying it, just for the labour of putting it on. You get propper cert also.

When your restriction is over,,,,,, you go back to him, he takes it off and you give it back to him for someone elses bike.

thanks pat but ive booked it int cityspares left a deposit . i was goin to bikeworld but got in touch with cityspares and arranged it with them . i had to leave 150e deposit wich covers the kit if i dont return . i get the f1 cert with it then i seen ur post ... dammm ! thanks for ur help and advise ....il b on the fazer by nxt week give the tdr a break !!!!

• 2 weeks later...

well took the fazer and got it restricted dismorning and fuck me its quick but also it feels safe and comfortable to drive after the restriction i havent got off it all day the loss of power isnt really noticeable only on top end power . but it does the speed limits and gets there fast . ive drove most bikes out there but as well as my tdr its another great buy and im very impressed and happy with it. thanks for all the advise everyone