mileage

kearnsy123
This post is 4344 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

is 25000 miles classed as high mileage on a bike ??

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Not always. Depends on the bike. 100,000 is often considered the 'getting on a bit' milestone.

If it's 10 years old then that equates to 2500 per year if it's 20 years old then that's 1250 & so on, so it depends how old it is and how hard it has worked, courier bikes can have reasonably low milage but have had the nuts reved off of them. My old XJ has 38K on the clock and is 30 years old, if it's looked after should run for another 10 years at least without major problems. :jossun:

its a 2005 kawasaki kle 500 . ive two weeks off work soon so thinking of going touring .my tdr is brilliant for work etc but looking at this bike just to get me away for 2 weeks

Sounds about average, really.

If you like it and it seems ok buy it and have some fun. Sod the mileage. :jossun:

Mines 20 years old 50k on the clock, original engine, it's well looked after, should be good for another 50k I reckon.

wel went to view it and its not for me . the hole engine on the gear side was badly coroded and was the hole exhaust system and rear foot peg was rusted to bitz . started up grand but very clunke goin into gear ? thanks for the replys il keep looking

wel went to view it and its not for me . the hole engine on the gear side was badly coroded and was the hole exhaust system and rear foot peg was rusted to bitz . started up grand but very clunke goin into gear ? thanks for the replys il keep looking

Honda Transalp,,,,have a look at a few,,,,,,great great bikes,,,,, miles mean nothing to them