XVS 950 will if fit through my gate ?

artisan
This post is 4348 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi guys i'm currently dealing with my local Yamaha stockist & may well be the proud owner of a lovely XVS950 in the next week or so,however in my exitement i forgot to measure the width accross the foot boards to make sure it will fit through my gate.

Yam's website lists the bike as 1000mm wide which will be with the bars straight i'd presume,now the maximum width of my gate is 800mm so i'm wondering if the bike will fit through my gate,i'm not too worried about the bar width as with a bit of jiggling i'm sure they will go through however if the foot boards are wider than 800mm it will have no chance,i'll most likley burst into tears at that point.

so to my question,do any of you guys manage to get your bike through a gate this size or does anyone have the correct width of the bike at the foot boards (i hope that makes sense )

thanks chaps

Neil

p.s. if it won't fit i have some stout rope & a short sharp drop lined up already :)

p.p.s. i did manage to get my Suzuki M800Z through the same gate fairly easily.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

From my experience the handlebars on the xvs1300 are the widest part on the bike... That's the only thing I think about when trying to fit through gaps and if the handlebars go through the bike follows. Also the floorboards do flip up a bit too...

I bring my bike (and my husband's bigger bike) through a regular house door in the back of our garage. We have to turn the handlebars to get them through, but it's not too difficult... just takes a little maneuvering. Hope it works out well for you. :) if nothing else maybe you can do like Airhead suggests and widen the gate?

cheers guys,i have thought of widening the gate but that will entail knocking part of the wall down too which won't please the wife at all,you know how it is.

i guess i'll just have to try it & see if not i can always dump the bike in my brothers garage until the gate's sorted,

thanks for all the answers guys.

i have the same trouble

what i've got to do is reverse the bike in and when i reach the bars i have to turn them get one side in tilt the bike and get the other side in

its awkward but a good deterant from theft

I do the same as gizmo666, I reverse through my gate and have to lean and tilt to get the bars through, on my 650 the bars are the widest part, the rest of the bike goes through a standard gate size OK.

p.s. if it won't fit i have some stout rope & a short sharp drop lined up already :)

If you do.... can I have the bike? ;)

If you do.... can I have the bike? ;)

lol the cheek :)

just spoke to my dealer who's measured the foot board gap for me & got it to 800mm ish,without folding them up, so looks like it will just go through my gate :hyper:

many thanks for the replies chaps

Glad you got it sorted. That'd be a real pisser to get a bike and not be able to get it in. :)

If that happened to my bike the wall WOULD come down... Glad it's worked out, let us know what you think of the bike

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online