Bike mirrors

Grouch
This post is 4361 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

The mirrors on my bike were totally useless and didn't work one bit, they were more of a hinderence than an aid so I took them off. Will I need to put them back on for an M.O.T?

Also is it illegal not to have them?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

its not illigal , but safer with mirrors, not an M.O.T. issue ..

I will look for some new ones. I only took them off because they were completely useless. Will the fittings be universal or will I have to get specific ones that match the model of my bike? If they are standard for my bike they will be exactly the same as the old ones.

You could always lookup REEVU helmets, believe it or not they make a helmet with built in rear view mirror. it's all internal so you don't look like some twat with horns on your head, just a thought. :jossun:

P.S. they are a bit expensive tho, their carbon fibre one is 2 grand WTF! thats outrageous.

I used to use zefal spy mirrors on my supermoto, worked great and looked really sleak on the bars. Rubber mounted so no vibration issues either which was the main problem on the 650 single.

Bought them from Amazon;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zefal-FA003576001-Mirror-Spy/dp/B000FY05PG

Fitted to the bike:

IMG_0024.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online