I got the bug...

This post is 4363 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

As the years seem to pass by images of motorcycles past keep flashing in my thoughts so I thought I'd do a project restoring a '79 DT125F. That model was my first bike, as super cool enduro that allowed me freedom to move about. There were many miles put on that bike scooting around town and back roads in Kansas. I found an add for one with a parts bike for $300 and thought what the heck, I'm not getting any younger so I bought them.

Here's the image of my bike in '81 that is burned into my brain pan.

81JerryChellyonbike.jpg

Here is what I'm starting with now...

Yamaha1.jpg

AND

Yamaha2.jpg

Neither have been started since the mid '90s but they both turn over. I have everything for the yellow bike except 1 fork, side covers and the seat. Maybe I can get luck and get two complete bikes restored. I'm hoping there are others that have done this and I can gleen some info off of them or info on vendors that carry parts for old bikes.

Jerry

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome Jerry, nice project bikes, should keep you busy for a few months, happy days happy thoughts, wish you lots of luck. :jossun:

Welcome Jerry.

Take plenty of pictures from all angles before you take anything apart.

Good luck with the rebuilds.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online