rd350lc

up.yours
This post is 4364 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

front brake leaver pulling right in to bar grip ,no front brake? (resevoir is full up tp mark)

bled right hand side? no resistance.

bled left hand side , same no resistance,

no fluid leaks any where,

it appears that the brake master piston is stuck into the fully depressed possition , but i thought this would have jammed the front brake on?

it hasn't though.

has this happed to anyone , and should a seal kit cure this, cheers chaps.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Upurs

The symptoms sound like a problem I had with a car master cylinder, the piston return spring had been rubbing on the side of the cylinder bore and the spring had collapsed the brake pedal was returning back up because of the return spring on the pedal box assy but the piston was staying put and not returning fully. the brakes were not jamming on because the down stream fluid pressure was enough to just hold back the piston.

could be your bike has the same problem

I'd get a overhaul kit or a known good M/C.

which ever way, strip it down first

As per drewpys answer.

The weather (heat) can mess with the master cylinder seals if they are on their way out. Had it once on a car in baking weather. No brakes. Not good kev.

yer well me and the missus were out on it (rare occasion) i thought ?best keep my mouth shut or she will walk home ,

so limpped home using the rear brake.

anyhoo, i ordered the repair kit from AW motorcycles today , so ill let you know how i get on.

p.s. im a compitant mechanic so ill do it myself. :eusa_snooty:

Still got no flag tho (cheap bugger) :biglaugha: :biglaugha:

oh you don't know the half of it mate, ?

before the bike fect up, ? i was on the motor way in the car and it set on fire, came off at first junction sat on a fence and watched it burn before my eyes :shakeno: .

oil ,stearing fluid, hydraulic fluid electrical wire , the feckin lot went up.

before that,? got a phone call from the wifes brother, her mum wasn't answering the door to go shopping with him,and the curtains were shut, when we got there and went in with our spare key, there she was,? all dead, in bed.

worst weekend in my life mate, no mother inlaw no car and no fuckin bike, then after all this one of the dogs mistook my finger for a treat,

oh boy it hurts like feck. i don't know what hurts the most, not having a spare mum ? not having a car? not having a bike?the dog chomping my finger ? or not having a fuckin flag :shakeno:

What can you say to that? If I could I would buy you the flag myself, some days it pays to stay in bed! :shakeno:

:shakeno: tell me about it :shakeno: .

back on the subject, parts not here yet :eusa_shifty: things can only get better.

before the bike fect up, ? i was on the motor way in the car and it set on fire, came off at first junction sat on a fence and watched it burn before my eyes :shakeno: .

before that,? got a phone call from the wifes brother, her mum wasn't answering the door to go shopping with him,and the curtains were shut, when we got there and went in with our spare key, there she was,? all dead, in bed.

worst weekend in my life mate, no mother inlaw no car and no fuckin bike, then after all this one of the dogs mistook my finger for a treat,

oh boy it hurts like feck. i don't know what hurts the most, not having a spare mum ? not having a car? not having a bike?the dog chomping my finger ? or not having a fuckin flag :shakeno:

bloody 'ell mate, life sucks sometimes!

As Yazz would say... the only way is up!

Sorry to here of your troubles Kev

Things will get brighter

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online