Newbie with an FZR600R

This post is 4367 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys and gals,

I'm Taylon from London and currently rockin' a 95' Black on black FZR600r which is in pretty immaculate condition.

Some of you may have seen it on ebay 2 weeks ag... well its mine and I love it.

One slightly small/big annoying problem however... It hates 2nd gear :-s Its jumps and skips out of it like theres a tooth missing in the box.

Anyway i'll post more about that in the correct section.

I hope I'm welcome and look forward to some meets this summer!

Taylon.

PIctures to follow tomorrow. :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

That problem sounds expensive. The Thundercats did the same.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

That problem sounds expensive. The Thundercats did the same.

Hi and welcome Taylon, common fault on the FZR and thundercat unfortunatley,if its been spanked in second you could try an fresh oil change and see if it changes anything , but to me it's an engine out job, it may be quicker to get a secondhand engine? unless your prepared to strip it down.

Did you not take it for a test ride before you bought it

depending what you paid , it maybe best to go back to the seller, if he told you its was 100% it obviousley wasnt , great bike though the FZR

Thanks for the warm welcome peeps.

The problem was addressed in the advert hence the bargain. Sub-600 squids is a bargain imo.

I'm looking into a rebuild if there are any kits about that people know of, otherwise I will be going the 2nd hand engine and box route.

Engine swaps aren't scary as I've done over 3 engine conversions on my recent cars, and 125-150cc bore kit on an old ped of mine lol.

Is there anyone breaking one around here? ALso would a box off a 750 fit? :S

Welcome tylonm, It will be the dogs that be worn or chipped, not the selector, you can get them undercut, [ fit better,] or may just need shimmed :eusa_think: