Caliper Overhall Sr125 - Oh god, please help me.

thomasrolewis
This post is 4386 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bolt just snapped, the nipple was really badly corroded and as I turned it snapped. This whole calliper is a mess but hopefully it will be ok after fixing it. That's if I can get the nipple out.

No blowtorch then use your oven, gas mark 6 (15mins) and cool the broken nipple thread with and ice cube.

Better yet, just leave the snapped nipple in place as drilling it out may well end up with you buggering the seat if you go too far with the drill. Then go get a banjo bolt with built-in bleed nipple - 10mm x 1.25mm bleed banjo from WEMoto - just remember to tilt the caliper so that the banjo is at the highest point when you bleed it.

:thumb:

I will try and get the pin out using a set of bolt extractors + heat (new nipple and extractors arrived today, worth a shot?). If It looks like it wont come out I will buy one of them banjo bolts! I wish I had done that first!

Personally I would drill it out. The heat of drilling it and some plus gas may loosen it up enough to get the bolt extractor on it.

Personally I would drill it out. The heat of drilling it and some plus gas may loosen it up enough to get the bolt extractor on it.

I know what you mean, it would be nice to get it out. But I really don't want to break it - as I would have to buy a new calliper.

OK, I put it all together today. I think it works, although I just got off and I felt some moisture on the bottom of the calliper. Please say my piston seals are not leaking, please. I will check again tomorrow, I have a spare pair of seals so I might be ok.

Pssst,

Do i say it now or later? :eusa_whistle:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online