Seems I got a bit ahead of myself!

This post is 4390 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All,

It would appear I have made a school boy error and out my first post up i the wrong forum asking questions without an intro.

My names Dan Im from kent. I recently joined the yamaha side of biking when my friend approached me with a sorry for itself non-runing tzr 125 r belgarda the 4DL model and so a trip in a van later and here I am the now proud owner of a yamaha.

I have had a couple of bikes over the years nothing flash or special couple 125s and a 400 but this is my first road bike since 2006 when i was involved in quite a serious accident in which i nearly lost the use of my right arm ( thanks mr mondeo driver who was coming towards me on the other side of the road and wanted to turn right across my side of the road), but after some experimental nerve grafting surgery (Thanks to Stanmore Hospital) I was recently given the green light by the docs and this has not put me off of biking although its made me a lot more warey of the other guy.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi and Welcome to the YOC, Always nice to meet new people. Glad your better now and hope you enjoy your new ride, lots of guys/girls on here who know about your bike so any probs just post it up in the WORKSHOP section. :jossun:

Hi thanks, I was completely unaware he was going to turn because he stopped before turning so i made the mistake of assuming he had stopped for me being my right of way but as my front wheel was level with his car he just turned into the side of me its quite a scary situation to find yourself in, but what doesnt kill you makes you stronger right?

Welcome to the forum.

Your in a good position, if you can't fix the bike then you will get your money back advertising it on the TDR 250 forum as the running gear, forks wheels etc are a dead easy swap to moto the TDR.

That said i'd sooner help you get her going, TZR's are great little rockets.

hi she is already up and running new fork seals, gearbox oil, fresh plug and filters, fuel etc, flushed the radiator, brakes all new seals, new starter relay new power valve servo (now that was hard work to find) she starts on the button and ticks over lovely but i kinda did this months budget already so next month will get her MOT'd and a general health check make sure theres nothing i missed then on to the cosmetics. which is only a few minor cracks a set of mirrors, get the outer leg of the forks re-chromed, the biggest job being the swing arm as my friend not knowing much about bear metal and air had a patch of paint crack off and polished the patch up then deciding it would look better if he stripped all the paint and polished it up hence its come to me covered in surface rust I would like to get hold of another swing arm to save me having to rush the original as I would like to take her to a couple of the runs or shows this year

:welcome: to the YOC Dan

always look at car drivers in the eye if its a dodgy situation, if they look back they know your there

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online