Dt125 1999 wont start after new piston

weecammy
This post is 4396 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

You wont get much answers if ya dont intorduce yourself in the new members section

However, newly rebuilt engines can be hard to get firing first off.

Try puting some fuel in the plug hole,,,,, do this with the piston Almost at the top of its stroke,,,,,refit plug and try again.

See how ya get on

Ok, so you have tryed a few things to get her running,,,,,,,, what we need to know is a bit of history about the bike

Do you know why it needed a new piston?

Did it ever run when you owned the bike?

The old carb was probably fine

What changes did you do to the new carb?

Is the carb bowl filling with fuel?

The more info you can give us the better !

Well when I bought her it need a new piston and rings because the rings had snapped so I changed it. Ihad a look at the barrel, and that was fine. After I changed all that I gave the top end a clean to get all old oil off becaus I was putting new oil in. I have checked for spark and is getting a really good one. Had fresh fuel and 2 stroke in it. The carb is getting fuel into the bowl but the plug isn't getting wet?

If you have a manual set the carb to what it says.

Hope you got all the broken rings out,,,,

Because its freshly rebuilt your compression will be low,,,,,,, the engine cant draw the fuel through

Try putting a teaspoon full of 2stroke oil down the plug hole. turn the engine over a few times.

Then try bumpstart down a big hill of a push like Airhead said.

Full choke on,,,,,,second gear no throttle for now

I have to say this out of earshot of the health and safety police, but a power drill with a suitable socket on the flywheel nut (doesent want to be a tight fit loose is good here) is a quick way of priming up the engine, don't spin it the wrong way though as 2 strokes will run backwards.

Otherwise i agree with the above, except broken rings in an 'apparently' good bore says massive overev to me an that could be crank seals.

Is the piston in the corrrect way round :eusa_think: , piston ported remember,,,

• 1 month later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online