Mechanic

mick1950
This post is 4470 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Good morning......

Can someone please recommend a genuine and good bike mechanic who works on `the older bike` local to Chertsey in Surrey, who is reasonable when it comes to the wonger.

I have a 1980 XS750se US Custom (triple) that has petrol pissing out of one or more of the carbs. I have tried tapping the bowls to try and free anything that is stuck up inside but with no success. I think the carbs need to come off for a sort out. I`m a six inch nail and hammer

man with a short temper ......so think it best to leave to an expert! I can deliver and collect the bike. Cheers, Mick.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Mick" thats an easy fix,,,get a manual, the bottoms of carbs comes off,, and clean the float needle valve, go on you"l get more satisfaction fixing it yoursell .

Go on Mick do as Blackhat say's its easy really, a few bolts and half a dozen screws and your inside before you know it, a real easy fix if you read the manual and then you can fix the rest of it and save a bundle. :jossun:

Ok, cheers lads.......but be it on your heads.......rembember Frank Spencer!........seriously though, thanks alot. I have a manual but just assumed the lot had to come off. Will have a go at it on Sunday and report back!! Mick

Mick " read the carb page slowly & more than once, so you have a mental picture before you start. the air box rubbers are usualy the niggly bit, then the cables, if its the push pull method, if you take them of in a bank,[altogether] , use the correct size of screwdriver , hold it tight into the carb bowl screws, or you"l round them, dont get hurried, take a break if you get frustrated with summat, go on you tube search carb refurb,,,watch an memorize,,

with blackhat on this and the other thing to use is a camera take photos at all stages before you start aswell so you know how it all goes back.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online