ITS F**KING COLD!!!!!

Noise
This post is 4470 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Blimey Noise, I thought us servicemen were hardy. I've been riding my bike into work at 06:00 every day this week only wearing a teeshirt and thong. :lol:

Seriously though, I have been riding the bike into work at 06:00 every morning and the only thing that gets cold is the tips of my fingers. I feel that I'm going to get frostbite so when I get to work I wrap my hands around the rear silencer, no kidding.

Haha, yer spose I shouldnt complain, brecon beacons where cold the last time u was up there, but still at least I maned up to drag the old girl out for a ride, but she off the road again now till I get my new main jets through. Shes still running a bit weak, as for putting hands on the exhaust.....yes thats a great way to warm up but I need ti get some more exhaust wrap as I now have burn holes in two sets of trousers now lol

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

thats a great way to warm up but I need ti get some more exhaust wrap as I now have burn holes in two sets of trousers now lol

I must turning into a wimp. I've just ordered a pair of heated gloves from Amazon. :P

I must turning into a wimp. I've just ordered a pair of heated gloves from Amazon. :P

no mike not a wimp they will turn out to be a great buy,a couple of my mates have them and swear by them as they heat your fingers and the back of your hands unlike heated grips.

i can understand you getting them at your age. :biglaugha:

no mike not a wimp they will turn out to be a great buy,a couple of my mates have them and swear by them as they heat your fingers and the back of your hands unlike heated grips.

i can understand you getting them at your age. :biglaugha:

Cheers Paul, for the last ten years or so I have been contiplating about getting some sort of heat to my hands, wether it be bike controlled or external heat, I have now decided on external.

"roll on global warming" i think scotland would be great with tropical weather

Whassamatter?

You not got enough bugs and midges already, you want temperatures that will bring MORE??!!

no mike not a wimp

Military adage: Any moron can rough-it... a good soldier makes himself comfortable under any conditions!!

Military adage: Any moron can rough-it... a good soldier makes himself comfortable under any conditions!!

O yes! remember by last bed in the field i had a sleeping bag and my burgen as a pillow, lol good times (untill you fart and gag your self as the remains of the corned beef for dinner makes a come back lol)

My last bed in the field was a thin 1941 issue (as in, actually was issued in 1941) US Army blanket, with an overstuffed 1928 haversack as a pillow, sharing a 6'x5' scraped hole in the frozen ground with another bloke, all his kit, two rifles and a 60mm mortar.

Comfy enough, even in the rain, but we actually volunteered for that so we can't complain.

Most other times, we sneak off to a nearby building, ruin, cave or even abandoned train carriage and nab the cosiest spot :)

"Good soldier" and all that!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online