Looks like im coming back to the fold.....

Dean_DT
This post is 4471 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

After a few months on my SV650, im wishing for more top end grunt for overtakes and the like, and something that looks/feels a bit sportier....

So the SV is off on saturday, and on monday im hoping to be picking up this :) :

KGrHqJHJBQE8e8QI8GBPIRNn22w_12.jpg

And whoever at Yam decided to name it THUNDERCAT was a legend! Literally the coolest name for a bike EVER!!!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yeah the 2nd gear issue is one that pops up a lot, although from what i can tell, Its not a mileage thing, just a "use" thing. some suffer from it, some dont. depends how hard on the box the riders have been i suppose! But i wont be buying it without giving it full beans in 2nd, just to be sure :)

Aye Dean,,, the Cat is a fine bike.

Check the second gear "thing" when giving it hard throttle but also as you come off the throttle with the engine holding back.

Then stay in second and Blip the throttle on and off a few times,,,,, if she doesnt jump out of gear or hit a false netural then she should be grand.

Be on the right kinda road and dont go too mad,,,, 2nd gear is an easy 60mph

Hope she turns out good for ya !

Nice bike dean ,,thundercat " is that 600cc,, & thunderAce 1000, ? that second gear thing , will be dogs chipped /worn. if it happens ,stripp it next winter, gears can be made , or undercut,,, :jossun:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online