my 650 classic

VAMPIRO
This post is 4490 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

not meaning to sound rude :eusa_shifty: but bikes are for riding , :hyper: not polishing,

if you have clean inner rims, there's something seriously wrong with you :crazy: hmm, this sounds rude :eusa_think:

i tend to agree with the riding bit

but in this weather, your either going out getting it ''dirty'' therefore it will need cleaning

or staying in to clean it.

if you look after your bike it will look after you.

plus if your gona spend the sort of money that ''goff'' has spent would that not make me an arse if i didnt keep it up.

''yam passola 50. for racing'' do you not clean and look after this. nuff said :eusa_whistle::)

I agree that if you look after your bike it will look after you but any longer than an hour and a half of cleaning a bike is stupid! my bike is now Matt black (o and two other kinds of black) so all i do is wash of the dead bugs followed by a shammy ended with a spray of WD40 and GT85 for that loverly smell i like to call ouder la garage.

Cleaning equipment:

Bog brush

Engine degreaser

Hosepipe

Cleaning method:

Spray bike with hose

Poke with degreaser-soaked bog brush in nooks and crannies

Wave bog brush over areas likely to get caked ('zorst, swingarm etc)

Rinse with hose

Time taken - about 10 minutes for a deep clean.

Pre-winter - spray & wipe with ACF50

Most importantly, ride a bike, not a work of art or you'll be forever paranoid about stone chips, tar spots, bird crap etc..

This bike reminds me of Elvira!

This bike reminds me of Elvira!

Steady on fella, watch your blood pressure!

elvira2-660x409.jpg

I'm not really comfortable with having a befanged, bloody mouth so close to the Gentleman's Department - bit distracting doncha know!

In the words on Lord flash heart!.......................WOOF WOOF!!!!!!

Baldrick...........................Bark

Steady on fella, watch your blood pressure!

No, no, no.... That Elvira you posted = Wrong one.

Elvira was the legendary and gorgeous 650 Dragstar owned by Goff, one of our erstwhile Administrators of the forum here.

Unfortunately, she sold it and upgraded to the 950 and we haven't seen either of these ladies since. Even the photos have vanished now... But she was awesome (and the bike was damn amazing, too).

I know which Elvira I'd rather ride.... ;)

maybe somewhere in this post it's mentioned that this bike , is one and the same ride. keep up ttasky. :eusa_whistle:

Ohhhhh yeah..... There is a vague reference from Vampiro to Goff (how dare you spell her name with a lower class G :D ) , but I hadn't made that tenuous link and twigged that it was the same bike.

Since Goff's photos of Elvira are no longer around, I had to compare the two and thus remained untwigged.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online