hi from big smoke

This post is 4328 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey everyone,

It's my first day here so I am hopping to the newbees section to say 'hi' and introduce myself.

I live in London and recently bought FZX250 Zeal, after 10 years of non-riding. Prior to that I used to ride across the Czech land my 250Jawa from 1959! Gorgeous half dead bike that used to let me down in the middle of bumblefucks, and so pushing it around became a part of my life.

Now I am back on wheels and my grin cannot be wider :D

I am looking forward to chatting to you all. Twist the wrist!!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome vader,,," there a guy on here was into Jawa"s .. trusty old two-stroke,,, :babyha: ,, get involved in the discusions, opinions are welcome , havn"t seen the fzx 250,>? :eusa_think:

piccy would be nice,,

Thanks for the warm welcome! :spin2:

There aren't many Zeals in the UK unfortunately, just like any other grey import. I didn't feel confident enough to saddle 600cc after such a long time of non-riding + I fell in love with fzx the first time I've seen her. It's a mission to get parts sometimes but at least she is more reliable than my Jawa was :D

Here she is. I am going to splay her black next year :love-struct:

th_Oct112.jpg

I had a Jawa! XD

sold it, thank f*ck...

welcome to the forum :)

Thanks! Where the hell did you get hold of Jawa??

Yeah well the evolution of Jawa stopped right after the invasion of Czech republic by the Big Red Brother. Good move to stop Jawa production and strengthen their Dnepr export, at least for Russia. I still have a pic of my mom on my uncle's 500cc :hyper:

th_mombike.jpg

Hi, and welcome to the forum, Nightinvader :)

Greetings from south London, nightinvader and welcome! So she's going from naughty red to bad black? Either works, I'd say!

• 1 month later...

Greetings from south London, nightinvader and welcome! So she's going from naughty red to bad black? Either works, I'd say!

I agree, but black is closer to my heart. It's hard to do anything without a garage though. Especially this time of the year!

Hola - Welcome!

• 7 months later...

Ssssssssso my beautiful fzx250 is in pieces after a guy 'didn't see me' .... :bawling: You know the ones..

Dealing with insurance proved to be more painful than my landing!

So after I stopped limping I went up to Newkie Land to bring home bigger sister to my deceased Zeal, baby Max fzx750. I've always wanted this bike, ever since I first set my eyes on her in 2001. I am happy to have her but am still heartbroken for my loss. I didn't want to see my Zeal to go this way.

What is it with UK drivers. It's p*ssing down with rain three quarters of the year, yet vast majority of the UK population does not know how to drive on wet roads. :shakeno:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online