air pipe mod for yzf r125

DarkWhisper441
This post is 4491 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Did ya ever see a chimney that is puffing out shitty black and gray smoke,,,,,because the lazy fooker that light the fire couldnt be arsed doing it right.

They put in the fire-lighters and a few sticks,,,,,thats ok,,,,but then they just fook on some wet soggy sods of Turf and think the fire will be great.

Dumb-ass's,,,,,,,half hour later their there with the poker stirring the so called fire arround ta try and get it going, eventually the fire will go out and the lazy barstwearts will be cold.

Thats kinda what your mates bike will be like. :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh::hah:

What would happen if my mate cut's the pipe going into the trottle body and puts volcity stack on it.

The 'cutting-the-pipe' mod for the r125, has been around since the bike came out - i'd be inclined to believe that r125 riders who have done this have only seen a gain if they have a vivid imagination.

best left alone, if you want a sensible opinion.

its fuel injection is it? with a carburated bike this would mean a headache with jetting and carb tuning to prevent it from running lean and overheating...how does this work with injected bikes?

also eliminating the filter means all manner of dust, grit and contamination is free to enter the engine...not good for its longevity.

There is also the matter of answering the question 'any modifications?' that insurance companies ask these days

I did a google search for "volcity stack". - no exact match. If THIS is what you mean , it has a good chance to work.

Note the air intake box is not just a container for the air filter. It makes the airflow to bend and works as a centrifugal separator for water droplets and dust particles.

Removing the box would require more often filter cleaning.

• 4 months later...

The 'cutting-the-pipe' mod for the r125, has been around since the bike came out - i'd be inclined to believe that r125 riders who have done this have only seen a gain if they have a vivid imagination.

best left alone, if you want a sensible opinion.

That pipe only makes the co2 run cleaner iv just blocked it up and put a leovince exhaust system on it runs fine no problems

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online