Another new member

no vice
This post is 4645 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone I'm another new starter although this is not my first post. I really have'nt introduced myself to the forum properly.

I am totally new to 2 wheels although I have held a full car licence for 30 years so from that you will gather that I'm no spring chicken. I am just about to be made redundant and will be moving from Birmingham down to Cornwall so my newly acquired YBR 125 Custom will be my new steed while the wife uses the car. I got through my CBT 2 weeks ago and passed my theory this weekend so I'm on a roll. I'm really taken to this 2 wheel life and have just got back from a 120 mile run. I assume putting some miles under my belt is the best thing to do. I hope to take my practical test but would appreciate some advice from members. Do I now wait a few months and take a test in the Spring when the weather should be ok or should I try to get it in in the next few months.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If your on a roll-just keep it rolling, go for it there's no garauntee of good weather in the spring :mellow:

oh, and welcome to the YOC B)

Thanks for the welcome folks. Drewpy I see you are also involved in Scouting. So bizarre as I am also a Scout Leader. Off in a couple of weeks with the Troop over the Bank Holiday weekend doing a bit of back woods and some activities.

Imagine that! A Brummie in Cornwall! You'll fit in well! Remember, the locals don't High 5...they yell 'Gmmie 6 Bro'! :lol:

Get your test done ASAP, you don't want to be fannying about on a 125 for too much longer do you! Especially if you're going to be in the land that education forgot, theys some big hills there you.

Thanks for the welcome folks. Drewpy I see you are also involved in Scouting. So bizarre as I am also a Scout Leader. Off in a couple of weeks with the Troop over the Bank Holiday weekend doing a bit of back woods and some activities.

cool, which group are you from/going to?

I liked those backwoods whistles from the scouting plus mag, we have just done some bivvy/backwoods at Giants seat,Bury!

I am ADC(S) ellesmere district and ASL 3rd/1st Eccles scouts. you must also do Chamboree 2014.

I've just stood down as GSL and will be assuming the role of AGSL until the end of September when I go. Ive been in scouting for 15 years so I will be looking for another Group when I get down south. Had a good year tho as managed to get a Scout to Jambouree this year and fundraising went well.

hi no vice,if possible,do your test sooner rather than later while everything from the cbt(and highway code)is still fresh in your mind and before any of your old driving "bad habits" re-emerge,which i'm sure they will if they are given time,good luck,ride safe,pip.

welcome, and i also advise goin for your test asap, while its all fresh in your head.....GOOD LUCK, hope it goes well