Help please peeps :(

wild foamy
This post is 4672 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well peeps im finally back in the UK, bought my bike back from benson and thought it would be a great idea to slap on those stainless brake lines i bought whilst i was away for a bit of extra bling, got to the last line and found it didnt fit as the banjos were pointing in the wrong direction, so i sent the faulty brake line back and used my original one in place for now, only when i came to bleed to system ive now found that my master cylinder seals have collapsed resulting in no pressure in the system...

only when ive come inside to look for more seals, the only kit i can find is from wemoto for £40!, thats a bit feckin steep for a few o-rings and a spring?.

does anybody know where i may be able to find a set or possibly improvise with seals from another cylinder in the yamaha range? (XT600 maybe?)

cheers all, need a cigarette now, i was so looking forward to having a blast around on it for a week, but no... :(

- Foameh x

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

nope ive bled all the air out of the system, but when i apply pressure through the master cylinder and open the bleed nipple there is hardly any pressure coming out, ive checked for leaks and cant see any... so now im kinda lost on it :(

nope ive bled all the air out of the system, but when i apply pressure through the master cylinder and open the bleed nipple there is hardly any pressure coming out, ive checked for leaks and cant see any... so now im kinda lost on it :(

lots of people bleed brakes by the wrong method...are you one of those :rolleyes:

lots of people bleed brakes by the wrong method...are you one of those :rolleyes:

Yeah OG, give the forum a 'master-class' with sketches and drawings and stuff :)

tried back bleeding as you put it merv but still cant get the system to pressurise, sent the faulty braided hose off today so with a bit of luck i may be roadworthy by the start of next week if i can get some seals ordered aswell, its too expensive to run my car :(

Well peeps im finally back in the UK, bought my bike back from benson and thought it would be a great idea to slap on those stainless brake lines i bought whilst i was away for a bit of extra bling, got to the last line and found it didnt fit as the banjos were pointing in the wrong direction, so i sent the faulty brake line back and used my original one in place for now, only when i came to bleed to system ive now found that my master cylinder seals have collapsed resulting in no pressure in the system...

only when ive come inside to look for more seals, the only kit i can find is from wemoto for £40!, thats a bit feckin steep for a few o-rings and a spring?.

does anybody know where i may be able to find a set or possibly improvise with seals from another cylinder in the yamaha range? (XT600 maybe?)

cheers all, need a cigarette now, i was so looking forward to having a blast around on it for a week, but no... :(

- Foameh x

Hi

To obtain the O rings you can get the part numbers for the sizes using the AS 568 'O ring dash numbers',

http://www.allstategasket.com/library/Allstate_Gasket_O-Ring_Dash_Sizes.pdf

Then all you need to do is find a local O ring supplier and get them to order the ' O rings' Perfluoroelastomer Is probably the best 'O ring Material to use.

http://www.toparts.com/Html/ElastomerORingA.htm

cheers nayruf, im pretty sure they are cup seals in the kit though :(.

there are rebuild kits for the XJ900 master cylinders... tempted to try one of those, or change the whole setup to a XJ900 front master cylinder failing that,

on the wemoto website they list the rebuild kit for the XJ600 as being the same for the FZR600, XJ900 and FJR1200

do what i did with the Z650 replace with a good secondhand one , easier than faffing about rebuilding i got a master cylinder off a 2008 bike from a breaker in cornwall for £35

merv

problem solved, got a bigger syringe and tried back bleeding it again and it worked!, i managed to get the system to pressurise and now it works as good as new!

cheers for the tip merv, methink a pint will be in order ;)

Aye indeed :), no better feeling than blasting through the cool dusk air with some Blink 182 playing through the headphones :)

no doubt i will have this same problem again when the replacement braided hose comes for the front, and i have to break in to the system again, e.t.c

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online