1996 SR125

This post is 4648 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

This is not my first bike, but the first bike I've ridden that has character. I had a korean import for a while, and although a comfortable ride, was lacking a little fun. Well, I got hold of this last week, and done some work on it. She runs well, although I have a question to ask in the workshop possibly if cleaning the Carb doesn't sort the problem (fairly sure it will)

It's not stock, as you will see, and needs a little love and a lick of decent paint, but the engine is sound, and the limited amount of riding I've done on it makes me think it's going to be a fun little ride, and get me to my test in the end.

This is by the stinky bins next to the garage that i'm using to do the work on it, it's lovely out there when it's hot. :D

theturtle4.jpg

theturtle3.jpg

theturtle2.jpg

TheTurtle.jpg

Also, need to remove the stickers.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Aye windy ," shes got character ok, :) Thats one big ass seat, , get you past the test tho , ;)

Thanks Paul!! I'll try to be less of a fat-handed spaz in future.

Also, Oldgitonabike i was thinking of taking them all off, spraying the whole thing matt black and replacing the seat with a single seat, sort of Rat bike style.

Although, it was one of those "saw it on ebay, loved the look of it and had it in the garage in less than 24 hours."

nice bike looks abit sorry 4 herself thou restore her if u can mate :)

hi guys

quite like this as i've just recently fitted flat bars to mine too

and gave it an army paint job, still trying to post a pic up though lol

cheers

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Been doing a fair old bit of work on the old girl,

she does still look a bit ropey, but the engine actually seems really sound for her age and mileage (carburetor fell off, but that was tarnished rubber and my own fault for not spotting it was looking rough), otherwise i've done the essentials for a bike thats been stood, oil change, carb clean, sorted out the electrics. really enjoyed it. Glad i bought a bike that needed work, quite enjoyed sitting in the garage with a haynes manual, cup of tea and greasy hands.

I haven't changed the looks yet, but she rides nicely now.

careful you don't leave it near those bins for too long as the council make take it away!

only Joking, that seat is right up blackies street, if you get a new on, sell it to him :lol:

have fun what ever you do to it

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online