My Bobber project

Noise
This post is 3578 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yes i was thinking of doing that but then would only have a day time MOT so if i was doing long miles i would have to stop at sun down. I use my hands for signals during the day but these indicators will be for night time use only.

I got my 4" long baffles through the door yesterday and i put them in only to find that my new user name would have been Silent so they are now shelf orderments.

Number plate bracket will be here next week as they had to order it in from the manufacture, the rear indicators are at home now but cant fit them till i get the bracket, and the front indicators will be here on Monday

Pretty sure you can have full MOT with no indicators - That's how my husky is. ;)

BUT i will say that using indicators at night is a VERY good idea. Stands out soo much more, i also suspect that some people don't realize that bikes can use hand signals.

Yer the only hard part of using hand signals is that you could either punch the cages window next to you or the passenger if there window is down. And changing lanes at 70-80 mph on duel carriage ways is tricky but normally if I see a space and it's safe after a quick life saver I'll just dive right in.

Yer the only hard part of using hand signals is that you could either punch the cages window next to you or the passenger if there window is down. And changing lanes at 70-80 mph on duel carriage ways is tricky but normally if I see a space and it's safe after a quick life saver I'll just dive right in.

;)

Well after a few hours it looks like i managed to put together a you tube videos of most of the pics i took during the rebuild of Betty.

Hope you enjoy??

• Like 1

Well done mate, but what's an enigine

+1 on tommy =)) I was wondering few days ago.. why? why the toaster is not here? he is now part of your bike, he must be present :))

Well as you liked him that much i'll post up a vid of him in a couple of days. pay homage to his out standing efforts in proviiding me with that bit of metal thats holding my mud guard in place.

Well i got my number plate bracket through the door yesterday, i did take some pics but it was in the dark so came out really crap so i'll get some more later today and post up.

The front Indicators turned up on Monday but i sent them back as the bloke selling them was very miss leading and didn't know what the hell he was selling so thankfully that £120 bill for indicators has dropped to £25. Just need to wait for the new front indicators to turn up and get a "legal" number plate then i can wire them all up and see how i get on with doing and MOT and Tax :hyper:

• 2 weeks later...

She's going in for her mot on Monday. Here comes the fun.

Ok Noise there is a problem here I got out before you,and we have been burried in snow for 5 months, your already 1500kms behind this year LOL better get some monkey butt cream http://2339489.r.msn.com/?ld=Dv8IYAiil8ULxPKu3ZuHSzkTVUCUxNgNsJlk4l2I_TffTCSmtBNJIQSH7ywySn1hJ8mFcVL_zIoX7MXg6VNkl5ALP1ZRtmH1YSdTkmKQvpGcq6Ycbty6FdGrJ3wQhF72N0dV-rRwTeW7QidT9idS8k1lDzBk4&u=http%3a%2f%2fpronto.com%2fuser%2fsearch.do%3fSEM%3dtrue%26query%3dmonkey%2bbutt%2bcream%26adid%3d010cbf01-ff47-4ad7-a86b-86ec9733f5df-0-pt_mse%26kwid%3dmonkey%2520butt%2520cream%26cid%3d2850818899to help break in that new seat.

good luck with the MTO and hope your riding soon. Best to spend today going over it all,give her a shake down and then recheck all the bolts/nuts

Hey DT, yer i know im so far behind this year but hey ho thats the way it goes really ha ha.

Rode her into work this morning and holy jesus fucker she is pokier than ever! my ass was sliding off the seat with every gear change once she was warm so my abs are getting a proper work out whilst i keep my self seated.

Got a slight problem tho and it is my own fault, i forgot to tourque two bolts up on the exhaust so im getting that annoying tappy blow sound from the joint. Only thing is if i cant get a modified Hex key in the gap its an engine out job :(

Well no mot for me.

Riding Home and the tapping sound turned out not too be a blowing exhaust but the valves. Betty cut out on me 10 miles from home, she would start but wouldn't idle but with a set of hex keys and a random blokes socket set out the back of his van I managed to move the cam the three teeth back that it was out. Sadly ran out of time and missed my mot slot. But still cuffed I did open heart surgery on the side of the road.

Betty has just passed her mot! She only had one advisory which was loud exhausts but noise by name noise by nature ha ha

• Like 2

:buzz::beerchug::eusa_dance: Now time to break out the blue loctight and go over her so no more road side surgery.

• Like 1

Betty has just passed her mot! She only had one advisory which was loud exhausts but noise by name noise by nature ha ha

Wooooooo!