My Bobber project

Noise
This post is 3581 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well be thankfull that as soon as you do finnish it you can ride it,were still stuck in snow for at least another few weeks.

Is a good idea to fire it up,I never let my bike's sit for more than a week or so before fireing them back up keeps the fuel fresh in the carb and the jets clean even though I use fuel stabelizer. I dont like the thought of the valves/springs beeing left open and under pressure or the rings sitting in one spot.

Now get that bitch done march is here and you dead line is approching LOL

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Went to start her and guess what............. Flat battery. Bollocks

On charge now so tomorrow she will live.

Yey!!!! Wiring is now finished!! Fuel leak fixed, rear mud guard fitted, oil in rear wheel Bell housing, Fuel Tank fitted, battery on charge.

Now just a case of putting in some 52hr shifts at work to pay for number plate bracket and indicators then tax and mot!

GET IN!!!!!!!!!!

Nope, but I'm sure after a few bumps down the road in superman position I'll get the hang of it.

Well betty is now putting up a fight. The Fuel leak is back, it's coming from the fuel tap. I've done it up tight but the fuel seams to be leading from the threads of the locking nut? I take it there is no super duper plumbers tape I can put on it or is there some thing I'm missing?

Second thing she done to me today is I went to start her up and the cable from the starter relay and the starter motor melted! It's defendant earthed properly so I'm thinking the wire I fitted isn't able to draw that amount of amps. Dip shit!!!

Just hoping to sort these out sharpish as its close to the month ending. Just baffled with this Fuel leak. Any ideas?

Not sure about your fuel leak but I had some issues with mine... I just made sure to clean the surfaces and nuts/bolts real good, got a new seal and tightened up the petcock just enough to seat the seal, but not squish it out of place, haven't had a problem since....BUT, yours is leaking through the threads! So that doesn't help... hope you get it sorted!

And definitely make sure you replace with the same or larger gauge wire whenever you fuck with wiring! lol Now you know...

Well betty is now putting up a fight. The Fuel leak is back, it's coming from the fuel tap. I've done it up tight but the fuel seams to be leading from the threads of the locking nut? I take it there is no super duper plumbers tape I can put on it or is there some thing I'm missing?

Second thing she done to me today is I went to start her up and the cable from the starter relay and the starter motor melted! It's defendant earthed properly so I'm thinking the wire I fitted isn't able to draw that amount of amps. Dip shit!!!

Just hoping to sort these out sharpish as its close to the month ending. Just baffled with this Fuel leak. Any ideas?

Depends how its supposed to seal. Is it an olive on a pipe that needs to lock up to a taper, or a sealing o ring?

Photo?

I'll get a photo tonight for you. It's not pissing out Fuel more like when you put your finger on a bit of metal with condensation, just a small damp finger.

Might just have to cough up 39p for the gasket and pay £3.50 p&p Bladdy joke that is.

Yep post up a pict... :photo2: .. I have one thought but let me see your problem.

EDIT: that will teach ya for messing with hardly parts HAHAH just let me see it!

Well I managed to get her stated yesterday, had to use the wife's Car to jump it as I forgot to put the battery on charge the night before so seeing as betty was out side I thought I'd ride it up our coldisak (spell it right for me) round to our car ports just to check every thing was running right.

So I pulled in the clutch, kicked her into gear and went to ride off and........... Nothing, no clutch. Dip shit here didn't adjust it right. So, back in the shed drain the oil and adjust it properly now she works fine. Just need to buy some more oil.

Cul-de-sac

• Like 1

Tanks babe. :kissflowers:

Well things are rapidly slowing down with things to be done :( Clutch is now working fine, and thanks to DT502001 the fuel leak is long gone. (thanks again)

I made up a rear light bracket Monday night and fitted it to the rear of the bike to see what it looks like, i just need to tidy it up now with an angle grinder so there are no sharp edges etc. I was given a free set of wing mirrors by the stepdad on the weekend which look ok, still not 100% keen but least i have one on for the MOT.

But thats it, i have next to fuck all to do on her now and im kinda sad, soon there will be no more nights in the cave listening to planet rock, swearing, getting covered in oil, WD40, brake fluid, metal shavings walking into the tool box, getting smoke in the eye from my cig and all that other good stuff.

Still, i suppose i could always learn to ride again :D

Really looking forward to seeing the completed Betty out in daylight noise!

You'll just have to get another bike project to work on, ha ha.

Yer thats what im hoping the wife will get me for my Birthday but i highly doubt it. wouldn't mind getting a winter hack bike so as that Betty wont suffer through the nasty sheet.

Well you have wheels now to go find that dirt cheap mangled v max to start the next build

But you will want to pick up one of these first http://www.princessauto.com/pal/en/Metal-Bending/12-Ton-Pipe-Bender/8068017.p

Or you could try your hand at picking up a few non runners/neglected and flip them to pay for the next build,that will keep you swearing.HAHAH.

Well now she's all done keep her well maintained and looking foward to some pict's

Well seeing that it's been a gorgeous day we had a little bbq and I had to bring betty out to join in and here are some pics of how she looks. I'm just itching to get out in her now.

DSC_0601_zpsxaqqy4qg.jpg

DSC_0603_zpswijcsyef.jpg

DSC_0606_zpsjgivggnd.jpg

DSC_0607_zpsalv6dkda.jpg

Having her QA check by the dog and Nikkita

DSC_0609_zpsltxtdet3.jpg

DSC_0611_zpsxjfl1ko2.jpg

Happy to say that she smells ok and the brake peddle goes up and down ok.

• Like 1

It's a brand new battery so no need for a new one (for now) but yes she's a trickle charger.