D Day 6th June 1944

DirtyDT
This post is 4723 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

With an interest in World War 2, I thought it would be poignant to remember that tomorrow marks the 67th anniversary of D Day. In 1944, allied troops landed on the Normandy beaches.

dd1.jpg

dd2.jpg

dd3.jpg

dd4.jpg

dd5.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

'Lest we forget'

trust the Murricans to erect a novelty butt plug <_< - yep they have a completely different sense of humour :lol:

Yeh oldtimer,, Respect , i"v watched every Word at War episode,, 2/3 times,, and private Ryan,,, chilling to think of the carnage, I would love to go to normandy graves , & beaches some day,,

Yeh oldtimer,, Respect , i"v watched every Word at War episode,, 2/3 times,, and private Ryan,,, chilling to think of the carnage, I would love to go to normandy graves , & beaches some day,,

There was a hell of a lot killed down here at Slapton Sands, just practising for the D-day invasions, what between U-boats, Royal Navy, and Artillery, kept very hush hush under the 50 year secrets act, big monument now for those who did die mind. Very sad.

Maybe a rideout weekend?

There was a hell of a lot killed down here at Slapton Sands, just practising for the D-day invasions, what between U-boats, Royal Navy, and Artillery, kept very hush hush under the 50 year secrets act, big monument now for those who did die mind. Very sad.

Code Name: Emerald - Great film, tragic events.

Maybe a rideout weekend?

I've thought about that before but a group of bikes rolling up in a cloud of 2 smoke just doesent seem right. Or do i have altogether too much respect for the folks that are rememberd there.

I was disappointed how commercial it was to be honest. The second from last picture is the American cemetery, it is huge and the last picture is a British cemetery tucked away on it's own.

trust the Murricans to erect a novelty butt plug <_< - yep they have a completely different sense of humour :lol:

That one's done by the French, isn't it?

Exercise Tiger, wasn't it?

I've thought about that before but a group of bikes rolling up in a cloud of 2 smoke just doesent seem right. Or do i have altogether too much respect for the folks that are rememberd there.

Not at all - You want to go there, you get there however you are able.

The fact that even a bunch of dirty, greasy, granny-bashing, child-eating bikers can make the effort to travel all the way just to pay their respects will still be appreciated just as much!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online