Hiya!

Cozmo
This post is 4710 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, Yamaha fans (although I'm sure most of you out there aren't too discriminatory towards any particular brand)!

I'm Cozmo. I'm a new motorcyclist, but I've been fascinated by bikes for years. I've just now been able to afford a bike and the training to ride it well.

I recently acquired a 1981 Yamaha SR 250 from a friend, and I've purchased a second bike for parts (though the parts I need from it are so minimal that I could realistically have two working bikes by the end of summer). This is my first motorcycle, as well as my first foray into bike repair and maintenance, so I'll definitely have some questions!

I'd eventually like to get a bigger bike, like an older SR500 or XS650, or maybe a Kawasaki KZ750 or something.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll have lots of questions, so thanks in advance for the help!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:welcome: to the forum Cozmo!

I'm also a former owner of an '81 SR250......great little bike....simple & reliable. :thumb:

Fire away with those questions. ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)