Dt ignition switch

chrisp
This post is 4727 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've just bought a DT175 1G1, the ignition switch has been rogered at some point in the past (the key will come out even in the "on" position. There are no pattern parts available, as anyone with a DT175, 250 or 400 will tell you!

Does anyone know of anyone who can repair ignition switches?

Or does anyone have one for sale?

Thanks,

Chris.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sadly not, they are all for the MX model 1977 onwards. I have no idea why no-one makes a pattern part, there are loads of people who want this switch, it's the same as the DT250 type 512 and DT400 type 513.

Give Dave at Yambits a ring or try Granbys.. i know alot of lads into classic strokers use granbys and yambits for their parts

what connector does it have, just a 4 way?

maybe this?

My link

It has two connectors with 11 wires in total, a weird one!

try these,www.yamahaesponia.com ,www.fowlersbristol.com ,www.bike bandit.com ,www.wemoto.com ,www.yamaha motorspares.co.uk ,these are from u/states,ronniesmailorder.com ,www.worldofpowersports.com ,yamaha genuine parts its a cycle shop in canada www.kellyscyclecentre.com tel no is,001-877-4140404 ,www.speed and sport inc. you will have to googl them them off the web. any problems ,my no is tel,07541393653

It has two connectors with 11 wires in total, a weird one!

That is not odd .. just the way they were !!!! If you just need a barrel replacement do the following

1) find a Yamaha main switch that has the same amount of key positions

2) remove the 2 screws from the base and remove the base plate

3) check that the new barrel connects the correct wires in the correct switch position from your new base plate

4) If base plate is not avalible then wire the switch to suit ....

in this instance I would guess the base plate will need to be modified (the AC & DC for some reason ran through the main switch) but to be correct it would not be difficult to do !!!

I've just bought a DT175 1G1, the ignition switch has been rogered at some point in the past (the key will come out even in the "on" position. There are no pattern parts available, as anyone with a DT175, 250 or 400 will tell you!

Does anyone know of anyone who can repair ignition switches?

Or does anyone have one for sale?

Thanks,

Chris.

Hi Chris

My 1G1 is the same, But because all the locks match and the same key fits them I just link the key to the X bar on the handle bar in case the key bounces out, I have with my last DT 1G1 stripped the lock right down to the plastic plate with the contact rivets, if I could find another lock with a less worn key hole I might try to swap around the internal mechanisms to come up with a less worn lock and retain the same key, I don’t want to mess up the originality of the locks so I will only try it when I get more bottle or when the lock finally gives up and I am left with no choice, if

you find a reliable fix please post it, If I find a way out will also post it,

Nayruf

Thanks all for your help...

chris.

Hi Chris

My 1G1 is the same, But because all the locks match and the same key fits them I just link the key to the X bar on the handle bar in case the key bounces out, I have with my last DT 1G1 stripped the lock right down to the plastic plate with the contact rivets, if I could find another lock with a less worn key hole I might try to swap around the internal mechanisms to come up with a less worn lock and retain the same key, I don’t want to mess up the originality of the locks so I will only try it when I get more bottle or when the lock finally gives up and I am left with no choice, if

you find a reliable fix please post it, If I find a way out will also post it,

Nayruf

I did the same with my RD400 i found a little clip thingy that i can clip it too the bars

Merv

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online