My 1992 YAMAHA DT125R PROJECT

NEV
This post is 3148 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I doubt it works for mechanical parts either, take my fuel tank for example 2a6-24110

and a DT125X is 2n4-24110

not trying to do you down with this david but its the first letters that are key...24110 simply means fuel tank

good job i never proclaimed meself as a genius lol i swear it worked for me,tho all the numbers need to match (even the number/letter combos after the main code) if i figure out how i made it work i'll update lol....

oh and saw this on flea bay nev...

Item number: 160692405251 any good to ya?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave if it's a pair of spectacles so I can read that last line, aye a big help, :eusa_shifty:

Nah seriously though, did see that Brembo, cheers for thinking of us mate, but I've since bought a DTX Brembo caliper, I did toy with the idea of buying that TDR Brembo, but seeing as it's nigh on impossibility to get parts for those type of calipers, I didn't want to be in the same boat as I am now with one, 6 or 7 months down the line, when needing any parts. Today I made the bracket for the DTR forks to take the single pot caliper(standard) and the 320mm TDR disc, just to see if it works o.k, and to keep the bike on the road, and by fook theres a real big difference, also made the bracket for the DTX caliper, both being sprayed up at the min, but I'll put some pics up tomorrow, with dimensions, just in case anybody else needs to do the same for a SuperMoto set up, and wanting to keep original DTR forks.

Cheers Tony, much appreciated mate, from day one it was going to be done in two stages, the first to get it all done as an Enduro set up, and secondly to set it up Supermoto for the road, my backs not up to riding off road these days, so I'll be using the Supermoto set up, but if my lad wants to do a bit of green laning or off road, it can be put back to Enduro in half an hour, but by christ I'll be stood over him while he's washing all the mud n shite off it..

Finished the brackets for the DTX Brembo caliper, DTR Forks, and Brembo Disc, and thought I'd put pics up just in case anybody else wants to do the conversion, whilst keeping the DTR Forks.

Bracket conversion for a set of 125DTR Forks, a 125DTX Wheel and 300mm Disc, and a 125DTX Brembo twin pot

Caliper.

img0518am.jpg

This bracket is for a set of 125DTR Forks, a 125DTX Wheel and 300mm 125DTX Disc, and a standard single pot 125DTR Caliper

img0516aq.jpg

Some pics of the brackets on the forks, and caliper.

The first is the bracket on the DTR forks, mines on the TDR 320mm disc, (the dimensions I put up earlier are for the 300mm DTX disc, so I'm 10mm further away from the forks, to the caliper.) and the single pot standard DTR caliper.

img0520e.jpg

This pic is the bracket for the DTR forks, my TDR 320mm disc, and the DTX Brembo twin pot caliper.

Again the previous dimensions are for the DTX 300mm disc. with my disc being the TDR320mm disc, I'm 10mm further away from the forks to the caliper.

img0523z.jpg

Cheers Mivster

• 2 weeks later...

Super Moto???? I bloody knew you couldn't leave that bike alone!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well SM wheels back on with new lengthened spindle,kept the 25mm thread length, just added 13mm to the shank, making it 190mm instead of 177mm, if your going to make a new spindle. The thread now comes out the forks by about an 1/8th"

Disc's been resprayed green again, as it got scratched sorting out the bracket.

And I reckon that the rim tape gives it that decent finish. Just need to find a larger front disc that fits the DTR hub, so I can keep the twin pot Brembo caliper on, for when I want to change over to Enduro wheels, otherwise its a ballache swapping back to the single pot standard DTR caliper, each time.

img0557ax.jpg

img0558ad.jpg

img0559aq.jpg

Cheers Paul n Kev, it's about there I reckon, aye Paul keep letting the lad have little snifters on it like putting it away in the garage for me or up n down the street like he did today testing the brakes, made all the usual noises about getting a job, so he can use it,

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cheers Andy, aye be good to see how your DT200 is coming on mate, plus am after some DT200 bits if you have any spare, crank, barrel,cdi & head?

• 1 month later...

Cheers Kieran, been tinkering with it a bit more recently, wasn't happy with the powervalve set up, the cables were set up wrong, plus changed the throttle cable for a new one, much more responsive now, and can lift up the front end in the first 3 gears now,and considering my bulk, thats pretty impressive. Still only half way with the running in, and when thats done, I'll bang it on a dyno.

Have done a quick video of it see what you think.I'll see if I can put it up on here.

Just noticed the views on this project too, get in there, over 10,000 views amazing that.

that bike looks awsome! you should get a business going - i wouldnt mind you tinkering about with mine if it was finished to such a hi standard like this one!

+1

• 1 month later...

A bit of an update on the bike, as people who have been following this project thread will know, when I finally finished the bike and got it back on the road, I was having an intermittant problem with it just cutting out on me, or bogging down then picking up again, other than this the bike was running sweet, well I'd swapped carbs thinking it was a fuel/carb problem, but still didn't seem to cure it, so took it to Brian Lorams in Newton Abbot for him to have a look at it. after 5 minutes of him taking it out on a road test, he sussed out straight away what the problem was, it was semi-seizing, due to the piston expanding whilst getting hot, and hadn't had enough meat taken out the barrel from when it had the over-bore, so he's honed it out a tad more, put it all back together, reckons the spark is slightly a bit weaker than it should be too, so have taken in a new coil to bang on it see if that sorts it. hopefully will be picking it back up today, all being well, the only downside to all this, is having to run the bloody thing in, all over again.

oh the joys of getting a 2 stroke running spot on :hah: looks bang tidy that though nev,nice to see the bar raised so high....

• Who's Online (See full list)