Mixing leather gear brands...

Rutele
This post is 4755 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, just looking for quick advice on whether it is acceptable to mix a few brands together, or whether I should stick to the same brand when it comes to leather jacket and trousers?

I currently have this jacket >> http://www.daytona20...ganclaraevo.jpg but no trousers!

I struggle to find trousers that fit me well as I am tall and slim. Do you think these will suit/match the jacket, and are they good quality? >> http://www.jsaccesso...f/t/ftl314w.jpg (black/white), http://www.mandsmoto...0002365_300.jpg (black)

Thanks for your opinions in advance!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, just looking for quick advice on whether it is acceptable to mix a few brands together

Oh my good gracious lordy me, NO!!!!!

You must never, ever, ever mix different brands of motorcycle gear... I mean, what kind of un-colour-coordinated twat will you look like to all the other Power Rangers when you pull up at Fox's Diner or Boxhill and have.... (gasp) MIS-MATCHED LEATHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

But seriously.... Get the first pair of trousers, IMO - The ones with the white stripe. At first glance, they look like they'll match better.

However, I'd be more likely to try each pair on and see how they look. Then pick whichever ticked the most/best boxes.

The only time I can see brand mixing being an issue is if the connecting zips betwixt jacket and trews don't work together... and there's always ways around that, too.

Alternatively, sod fashion and get what you think looks cool/costs best/does the stuff you want. I have two different Frank Thomas jackets (Summer and slightly colder) that I wear with either Halvarssons trousers or a cheaper pair that were tailored for me by my Leather Lady.

There is no shame in mixing things up to get the desired result.... and in fact, it's probably far more logical than colour co-ordination. You only really need matching kit if you're a professional racer, or if you like that sort of thing.

Now, about this "tall and slim" that you mention... We may need photos! :P;)

But yeah - I'm 5' 11" with a 33" inside leg and a 28" waist. I have the exact same problem!!

Mixing is not a problem. Get what fits you and is comfortable. The only benefit of getting the same brand top and bottom is that they tend to zip together (if you are into that as there are a few different zip combination's). I have different jackets and have recently been riding in a leather jacket and textile trousers.

Comfortable and spec are my main criteria for picking gear.

This is nice LINKY

I currently have this jacket >> http://www.daytona20...ganclaraevo.jpg but no trousers!

Thanks for your opinions in advance!

the no trouser option sounds intresting but rather chilly ! :lol:

that'll be the London Eye-full :lol:

Now, about this "tall and slim" that you mention... We may need photos! :P;)

But yeah - I'm 5' 11" with a 33" inside leg and a 28" waist. I have the exact same problem!!

No kidding!! I am 5'10", I wear 34" inside leg jeans...I'm a ladies size 10. I went to J&S Accessories in New Malden on several occasions and I believe I tried on about 90% of the ladies clothing without any luck. The closest match was from RST...At least you guys have a lot more choice....

dsc02756b.jpg

This is nice LINKY

Surely you were being sarcastic.........? :mellow:

that'll be the London Eye-full :lol:

Should have seen these comments coming....:lol:

Have you seen Hideout?

A lot of women go there to get stuff in their size, including my Mrs. They're very good at catering for REAL Women who want REAL Women-shaped clothing!!

They do some pretty nice guy clothes, too ;)

...............Surely you were being sarcastic.........? :mellow:

Humorous?

Be careful with RST. I have one of their leather jackets which is well made but a pair of their fabric trousers which started coming away from the seams after a couple of months.

Have you seen Hideout?

A lot of women go there to get stuff in their size, including my Mrs. They're very good at catering for REAL Women who want REAL Women-shaped clothing!!

Are you hinting at something.....? :huh: and thanks for the link. Much appreciated!

Be careful with RST. I have one of their leather jackets which is well made but a pair of their fabric trousers which started coming away from the seams after a couple of months.

Thanks for the warning. I have just read your other post...I was going to get RST Rift for ladies. Lucky I didn't! :unsure:

Are you hinting at something.....? :huh: and thanks for the link. Much appreciated!

Hinting?

No. Not at all.

I am, however, making a blatant outright statement in my customary 'subtle as a brick' idiom, that bike clothing manufacturers FAIL to realise women come in more than one shape and size.

If all women were 5' 2" with 40" legs, 24" waists and 34" B cups, then my life would be a lot more peaceful... and there would be no womens' magazine industry, either.

Hell, most companies can't even get the bloke's sizes right. They fail to see that I can indeed have a 44" chest but need the same length arms that they'd put on a 52"!

Hideout, however, will cater for both genders in tall, short, fat, thin, round, square, pear-shaped and more combinations than even Gok Wan could imagine!!

Thanks for the warning. I have just read your other post...I was going to get RST Rift for ladies. Lucky I didn't! :unsure:

I am still using the rifts but they have gone at the seams in 3 places so either a mad machinist or just bad quality. The inside of the right leg has split from the ankle to the knee. It is a shame as they seem to offer good protection. It may be just a bad pair but the lack of interest from RST has put me off buying that brand again (unless they are very heavily discounted).

.....................If all women were 5' 2" with 40" legs, 24" waists and 34" B cups, then my life would be a lot more peaceful... ..................

It might prove the existence of a God as well.

Dirty DT "

Surely you were being sarcastic.........? :mellow:

No hen " he has bad taste " look he owns Two Suzuki"s :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online