Bike Advice needed!

Gordon Gormless
This post is 7113 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've been watching all these crazy stuntas on telly, so I'm going to get a motorbike.

I know I've got to do that CBT thing and that DASS test but I'll piss through that no sweat.

I've already booked it.

But I don't know whether to get an R1 or a Hayabusa.

Which ones best for doing stunts and stuff like on telly? I want to go round the racetracks as well. I'll fly round them cos I know all the tracks from playing MotoGP2. Which bikes best for that then?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello and welcome to the forum. :D

As to answering your question:-

With a gung ho attitude like yours a DT50 should be enough to get you killed. :roll:

Start from the bottom and work up. A huyabusa or an R1 do not make an ideal first bike. Besides most insurance companies will insist on at least 2 years no claims before they will insure you.

If you want a sports bike look at the 600. The R6 is particularly good. You'll still be able to learn your stunts if that's what you really want to do but they will be a bit more forgiving of your ineptitude.

This has just gotta be a wind up,,,,,

Nobody is daft enough to get a busa or an R1 a their first bike.

And if you come a cropper on the Play station you don't end up as a damp patch on the front of a Scania

I agree wi N Tart, get a fify or mini moto , summat like that. :roll:

:shock:

I know I've got to do that CBT thing and that DASS test but I'll piss through that no sweat.  

Have you ever actually ridden a bike mate? Cos that sort of attitude WILL get you killed. I came off on a DT50 after 2 months of riding, and that was because I was being a LITTLE bit too cocky.

Unless this IS a wind up, you might want to listen to N_Tart :?

I could handle an R1. The guys on LaBusas said that the R1 isn't that fast anyway.

And I haven't ridden a bike yet but I'm pretty hot on 4 wheels.

Ask anybody cos I'm well known in Guildford, you might have seen me out cruising in my Nova.

I've beaten everybody on MotoGP2 even bikers. And they told me I was a natural. So an R1 is nothing to me.

And the kid who fell off his 50 should just get back behind the counter at MaccyD's.

I could handle an R1.  

I've beaten everybody on MotoGP2 even bikers. And they told me I was a natural. So an R1 is nothing to me.

Speaking from just a bit of experience......2-Wheels is a whole different ball game compared to 4! :roll:

Bet you wouldn't be saying that an R1 is nothing to you, after it spits you off so quick it'll make your head spin! :shock:

A DT50 would more than enough for you for awhile! :wink:

Being able to play MotoGp and being able to ride bikes are worlds apart mate. I'm crap at MotoGp never be able to get around a track without falling off.

I do however own an R1, if fact at one point I owned 2. The one I still have has nearly 28,000 miles on it, put on through road riding and track days.

Buy whatever you want, when you pass your test, if you can afford the insurance get a Huyabusa or an R1 but make sure your funeral arrangemnets are sorted to save your Moma the hassel.

Is this scraped plastic again? This cannot be real, no-one would be that stupid would they? If they are then darwin's theory should certainly prove that people who get an R1 or Busa for a first bike really are not wanted in the gene pool. I hope you don't have children already.

I could handle an R1. The guys on LaBusas said that the R1 isn't that fast anyway.

Ask anybody cos I'm well known in Guildford, you might have seen me out cruising in my Nova.

And the kid who fell off his 50 should just get back behind the counter at MaccyD's.

you are a twat arent you :lol:

Is this scraped plastic again?

Does this sound like me? :?

I've completed RS2 and MotoGP3, but i still fell off a 50 didn't I?

The guys on LaBusas said that the R1 isn't that fast anyway.  

And I'm sure you're used to speeds of 160mph (I think) in your Nova :roll:

Does this sound like me?

I've been riding an R6 for about a year now

To be honest someone coming on this forum sounding like a twat boasting about bikes does sound like you.

Well at least the roads will be safer when this guy gets his R1 or busa, lets face it he isn't going to last 1 month and depending on how lucky he is he might never be driving again either. Ah the joys of over confident riders who stupidly think they can handle top end bikes. Now if born again bikers kill themselves so regularly on sports bikes I wonder how someone with absolutly no experience will cope.

Get your blood group put on your helmet Burnin' Rubbber, it could save valuable time. Oh and when you apply for your license make sure you fill out the organ donor section because your riding career could help some people who really need it.

ah this is an easy one mate, u need a hayabusa, but you'll need some mods as the engine isnt fast enough for your likes i would have thought, to start with get the crappy 1300cc lump out of there and drop a decent mineralli am6 engine into its place, that has a much more peakeyer power band and because its 2 stroke instead of 4 stroke can wield twice as much power! now you will also need a change in gearing, i surgest prehaps a 9tooth front sprocket and a 60tooth on the rear, that will really help the acceration for the stunts you will be pulling off. 1 more thing, put proboost in ur tank, it will add an extra 60bhp to the rear wheel using its super petrol additives so nothing else on the road will stand a chance againt you.

either that or u can buy my bike off me :) i reckon in the condition its in at the moment it will suit you fine sir :)

Well at least the roads will be safer when this guy gets his R1 or busa, lets face it he isn't going to last 1 month and depending on how lucky he is he might never be driving again either. Ah the joys of over confident riders who stupidly think they can handle top end bikes. Now if born again bikers kill themselves so regularly on sports bikes I wonder how someone with absolutly no experience will cope.

It'll be a month to long for me. If he's in Guildford that put's his smack bang in the middle of my stomping ground :roll:

I dunno whats the matter with you nonces.Only that skyline bloke talks sense.

I'm doing my CBT thing tomorrow but when the instructor sees me riding he'll probably just give me my full licence.

My mates reckons thats what will happen.

And whats the cheapest helmet I can get. Any used ones for sale,I'll pay a tenner.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online